Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    wait hold on there, that is their forum, it wasn't sprint releasing it, it was just a user posting that so can someone find where this person got that information because if not then it's just speculation.
    IZZYKS is from sprint, He is at sprint headquarters and he is the one who always post the information on the upgrades/updates on their forum. It's official this time, Not a rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    wait hold on there, that is their forum, it wasn't sprint releasing it, it was just a user posting that so can someone find where this person got that information because if not then it's just speculation.
    There was some previous information on how Palm has carriers QA their updates for release to their customers. So either Palm gives the update to Sprint/VZ to QA and then release to their network, or they give the OK for Palm to release. This Sprint forum admin is the most credible information we have at this point.

BTW...off topic, I noticed your screen name...I used to have an '05 RSX, which is where I got my screenname from.
    i hope this is true, because the nexus one is staring to look very sexy(i never thought i would b saying this behind my pres back).
    By the way I think this might be a worldwide release. In another discussion thread sharpcroft posted: "Been on the phone today to O2 for an unrelated problem (please read and add your comments)
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-quality.html
    During the process i mentioned that i hoped 1.4 would cure a lot of the teething problems, the fella from the O2 Pre team told me that 1.4 kicks off for them on 26th Feb, so a day after the fabled USA release date." http://discussion.treocentral.com/gs...-same-day.html . All this seems to indicate that Palm has been holding up the release so that all carriers are ready for the OTA update.
    Haven't the updates usually been available for manual download a little while before an official push update notification?

Just thinking the update may be available late tonight...
    Well the formatting of the post looks rather official. It's not something some kid just whipped up. The info also corresponds with the annonymous tip that PreCentral got with the 1.4 changelog.

It's what I was hoping for, more info leaking out as we get closer to the release.
    i dunno. When the changelog was listed earlier there were spelling errors mentioned. This log looks the same. However, if this guy is an admin or not, he has only been on there since Dec 8th, 2009.

I am still hoping for today, if not i hope they don't make a fool out of this guy by posting it next month...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    [URL]

IT's COMING OUT TONIGHT!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    There was some previous information on how Palm has carriers QA their updates for release to their customers. So either Palm gives the update to Sprint/VZ to QA and then release to their network, or they give the OK for Palm to release. This Sprint forum admin is the most credible information we have at this point.

BTW...off topic, I noticed your screen name...I used to have an '05 RSX, which is where I got my screenname from.
    yeah, i have an 05 rsx lol, you are probably the only person who has ever told me though lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    just remember though, sometimes the notification comes AFTER the software is actually released. So it still COULD hit tonight for those that are constantly checking. Then the ones that don't would get a notification starting tomorrow.
    This just hit the front page!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Guy's look at IZZYKS profile/IZZYKS Stuff page, He is the new site admin since dec and it is he who has been posting all the release notes and information about all the upgrades on all their devices.
    izzyks's Stuff
    It's OFFICIAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    This is bad news. This update has to be delayed! We will have nothing to talk about once the update comes out. Please, call palm and ask them to delay 1.4 as long as possible. The very life of this forum depends on it!
    Now, you know that's not true... Once we have 1.4, we'll start anticipating 1.5.

And anticipating. And anticipating. And anticipating.......
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I am still going to hit the update app another hundred times till it really hits...its what we do! Always a bit "pre"mature!
    This is the first "rumor" of an update date I think I actually put some stock in.

Whatever are people going to talk about for the rest of the day today?
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I love you.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    I love you.
    How much?
    Wasn't it Sprint that made a mistake on a previous release? Ha. I'll be laughing so hard if this is another Sprint blunder :-P
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by rawrcat View Post
    How much?
    There's my dog, my girlfriend, my family, then the maker of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    There's my dog, my girlfriend, my family, then the maker of this thread.

lol
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast