Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I keep reading a bunch of articles how the HTC Hero is selling really well on sprint so just wondering is it really selling better then the Palm Pre.

Here is another article:

Online Sprint Retailer Teltonic Receives HTC Hero Phones to Meet the Popular Demands of Sprint Powered 3G Cell Phones
    Yes. My store goes through Heroes like candy and we have a rather large backstock of Pres. I rarely see Pres sold anymore.
    The Hero definitely outsells the Pre in my store as well. It's ridiculous how many people stroll in and ask for it specifically. So I've taken it upon myself to educate my co-workers and explain to them why the Pre and more specifically WebOS kick so much a'ss. Now I've coverted one of my co-workers into a Pre owner. I sell the h'ell out of the Pre and the Pixi. I had the local Palm/WebOS rep come to the store because of the spike in sales at my store. So I'm just going to keep pushing WebOS to the foreground at my store.
    I find it sad that a large portion of the population just buys what ever the sales person tells them to buy. No one does research or asks around. They just buy the cheapest or flashiest thing available.

When I bought my Pre, I knew that there were a lot of more powerful, more bountyful app stores, etc., but I knew that the Pre was the coolest phone available to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks View Post
    The Hero definitely outsells the Pre in my store as well. It's ridiculous how many people stroll in and ask for it specifically. So I've taken it upon myself to educate my co-workers and explain to them why the Pre and more specifically WebOS kick so much a'ss. Now I've coverted one of my co-workers into a Pre owner. I sell the h'ell out of the Pre and the Pixi. I had the local Palm/WebOS rep come to the store because of the spike in sales at my store. So I'm just going to keep pushing WebOS to the foreground at my store.
    props to you. if i worked for sprint i would be doing the same thing
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    I think it has a lot to do with build quality and form factor... Think of it, if the Pre was built as solid as the Hero and using the same form factor, would it be a totally different game?
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I love my pre, but I see them coming back alot because the average user doesn't have the time to do research on common issues. People also view the Hero as being more iPhone-esque. I also see fewer returned due to hardware issues. As such, I usually recommend the hero over the pre to most of the customers I percieve as being picky or finicky to avoid getting returns. You also have to realize that popularity of a phone decreases proportionally to it's age and we are coming on to the Pre's 9 month birthday and Sprint has stopped featuring it in their ads, while the hero is 3 months old. I will say initial demand for the Pre was MUCH higher than that of the Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with build quality and form factor... Think of it, if the Pre was built as solid as the Hero and using the same form factor, would it be a totally different game?
    Not so much form factor, in my opinion, but build quality most definitely. I think it would help immensely if we could actually repair ALL OF THE ISSUES in the store.. however Palm doesn't allow us Sprint Technicans to open the phone. :/ Every time I have to swap a Pre, it leaves a bad taste in the Pre owner's mouth. Whereas if I could just fix that issue instead of having to order them a replacement, it would reflect much better upon Sprint and Palm.
    ..but we've been barking up that Palm tree since the beginning. Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    Not so much form factor, in my opinion, but build quality most definitely. I think it would help immensely if we could actually repair ALL OF THE ISSUES in the store.. however Palm doesn't allow us Sprint Technicans to open the phone. :/ Every time I have to swap a Pre, it leaves a bad taste in the Pre owner's mouth. Whereas if I could just fix that issue instead of having to order them a replacement, it would reflect much better upon Sprint and Palm.
    ..but we've been barking up that Palm tree since the beginning. Sigh.
    Is this policy of not letting Sprint technicians open up the Pre different for the Pixi? My son has the Pixi and had an issue with the keyboard, and the Sprint technician opened it up and fixed it right there in the store.

-Skippy
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Have both the hero and 2 pre's give me the pre any day, just waiting for android upgrade to see if its any better, if not bye bye
    i was just at a sprint store and watched the open up a pre thank god it wasnt mine i was there for a power button replacement but they had a pre in there open
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    i was just at a sprint store and watched the open up a pre thank god it wasnt mine i was there for a power button replacement but they had a pre in there open
    spell check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Is this policy of not letting Sprint technicians open up the Pre different for the Pixi? My son has the Pixi and had an issue with the keyboard, and the Sprint technician opened it up and fixed it right there in the store.

-Skippy
    Yep. We can open and repair the Pixi. We can barely touch the Pre though. We get in DEEP if the seals on the screws are broken. We're basically limited to repairing the power button, because it does not require us to actually open the phone (we just pop the power button off) and the side volume keys. It's frowned upon, but some of us remove the bottom sealed screws to check the liquid damage indicator on the inside of the device before swapping it.
    Yep. We can open and repair the Pixi. We can barely touch the Pre though. We get in DEEP if the seals on the screws are broken. We're basically limited to repairing the power button, because it does not require us to actually open the phone (we just pop the power button off) and the side volume keys. It's frowned upon, but some of us remove the bottom sealed screws to check the liquid damage indicator on the inside of the device before swapping it.
    *sigh* I dont understand why Palm must make it harder for Sprint AND the consumers (instead of being fixed on-site, having to send it in)
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    Hm. They're risking their jobs, or maybe it was the Pre of a store employee or one of the Techs. Believe me, I wish I could open them.. I would have so many more satisfied customers if I could..
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    *sigh* I dont understand why Palm must make it harder for Sprint AND the consumers (instead of being fixed on-site, having to send it in)
    Not to mention it would save Palm a crapton of money and increase customer satisfaction.. But what do we know? We're only the front line.
    Not to mention it would save Palm a crapton of money and increase customer satisfaction.. But what do we know? We're only the front line.
    Well i commend you on your hard work as a Sprint rep.
  18.    #18  
    wow that surprises me I always thought the pre is sprints flagship phone but I guess its not. Anyway thank Kytton, do you have any info on the Supersonic and nexus one. I guess rumors are that its in the sprint system. Can you elaborate at all
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Well i commend you on your hard work as a Sprint rep.
    Haha. Thanks. <3
    @Kytton

How many pres do u sell a week? or is it more a monthly number now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast