Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I have seen a few posts stating that store personnel are all giddy over the Androids and don't push the Pre/Pixi. For what it's worth, two Sprint stores I have been to in Austin are very high on the Pre. Most of the staff have had their Pres since launch day and they are very happy with them.

    They consistently steered me away from the BB (old OS, just best for email), had zero interest talking about the Moment, and were kind of 'meh' about the Hero.

    Just funny how experiences vary.

    Paul
  2. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #2  
    I believe that the comments were being made by VERIZON store reps.
  3. #3  
    It's usually Big Red that's still busy pushing the Steroid...I mean Homorhoid...I mean... Droid. Sprint has been a better partner for Palm than Verizon has so far. If they could just advertise the phone better, this wouldn't be so much of a problem and if Verizons personel wasn't so Android centered, Palm would be looking much prettier. The Palm commercials with the creepy lady were a joke, the ones from Sprint were much better, and the mom commercial from Verizon, another joke! They should show the 3d games for gods sake, that would be a HUGE selling point for the younger crowd. A lot of my friends have no clue the Pre can do that and are blown away when they see it. I for one am single handedly responsible for the sale of 4 Pres and on e Pixi. Go Palm!
  4. ayman86's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I for one am single handedly responsible for the sale of 4 Pres and on e Pixi. Go Palm!
    i, too, with 4 pres.
  5. #5  
    That's probably because at this moment the Palm Pre is Sprints Flagship phone. They don't have anything better while verizon does.
  6. #6  
    my entire family is on Palm Pre *cough* but that only includes Me and My Fiancee lmao


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    That's probably because at this moment the Palm Pre is Sprints Flagship phone. They don't have anything better while verizon does.
    Oh I beg to differ...
  8. #8  
    My Sprint reps didn't *push* the Pre/Pixi persay but they did say they were one of, if not the best phone on Sprint currently. I did go in already wanting to buy the Pre, though.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    Oh I beg to differ...
    Are you implying the Hero and Moment are better?
  10. lexflo's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinPaul View Post
    I have seen a few posts stating that store personnel are all giddy over the Androids and don't push the Pre/Pixi. For what it's worth, two Sprint stores I have been to in Austin are very high on the Pre. Most of the staff have had their Pres since launch day and they are very happy with them.
    They consistently steered me away from the BB (old OS, just best for email), had zero interest talking about the Moment, and were kind of 'meh' about the Hero.

    Just funny how experiences vary.

    Paul
    Just a small observation ... Sprint staff were not allowed Palm Pre phones till several weeks after launch...... Though I'm sure they are as enthused w/ the phone as you say they are....

    One of the reasons I think that perhaps the Pre are not being pushed could be hardware & QC.... I mean I personally have gone through about 5 pre's but I have not minded since I love the phone and sprint has always taken very good care of me.. But I could only imagine being in the sale reps shoes and recomending a product that shortly after comes back due to loose battery issue... Then Oreo effect issue .. Then center button spider web crack... Then dead pixels .. Then burn spots or spillage of screen... Then problem of loss of contacts when replacing pre...and then some activation complications here and there... I have left out several other issues as I only wanted to speak from personal experience and not from what i've read on other threads. Anyways I could def see why sales reps are pushing other products just to spare themselves the headache.... I mean really! Half these sale reps are younger kids who prob do not use the pre or research solutions here at PRECENTRAL and so it's human nature to opt for the simplest solution.. Simply recomending a different phone till Palm gets it together...

    Just my 2
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I believe that the comments were being made by VERIZON store reps.
    Nope-- saw Sprint comments on there too.
  12. #12  
    Palm has Cards going for it, and that's it. Hardware sucks as we know. Yeah it's a hit and miss, but the needle is tipping to more misses than hits.

    As far as other phones go, they are just built much better and of better quality. Also, they have a lot going for it.

    OS for OS, I would say Android and webOS are the top two most popular (next to good ol' Blackberry OS)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions