1.    #1  
    Hi Guys, I am having this weird problem with my phone, nothing biggie , but still a small irritating issue.

When I click on the software update icon, it checks with the web and always returns me that there are application updates available, when I click the "show updates" button, the application list shows up and there is nothing to update. Is there something I am missing. I am pretty sure that my phone is up to date, why do I still see the application update available instead of "you phone is up-to-date" message.

Has anyone had this problem. I have removed all the patches using EPR and my OS is 1.3.5 (all set for the 1.4 tonight, hopefully) ....

I tried to find a post but couldnt find on this topic so started this thread .. please point me to the thread is it already exists on this issue
    It's not just you. I would not read too far into this. It seems there has been increased weird behavior in the updates. However, that my be a result of more people checking it like there is no tomorrow. I know I can't help myself.

e_t
    for the love of god search first

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    Thanks for the Picture but I already searched and couldnt find this
    probably because people post stupid tags on everything, i'll look it up, it's been talked about before

"For the love of God, search first?" Why? Do you (or anyone) HAVE to read every post? If you don't want to help, don't do so but I'm getting tired of hearing everyone new here being told to search this or that.

Yeah, pretty much everything has been answered in some fashion here but since when can't someone post a question without being insulted that some answer exists somewhere. And now YOU'RE searching for the answer! Wouldn't it just make sense for them to post their question and have someone reply, or not if they didn't care?

OK----enough of that. Now I'll get back to watching people complain about no 1.4 update yet and then others complain about people complaining.

Geez, guess my shorts are in a tangle today!

but on a serious note, i am helping, i'm helping this person find their way to the right post, i could of just said search and not posted links but i was kind enough to search and find the right link.

people need to learn that when you hit search if the answer isn't on the first page doesn't mean it's not there, try 2nd or 3rd page....

plus i'm already ticked off at all the useless 1.4 threads and i'm taking it out on everyone else.... i'm having my man period

10.    #10  
    plus i'm already ticked off at all the useless 1.4 threads and i'm taking it out on everyone else.... i'm having my man period
    Thanks for the links man ... I've thanked you and W8aq thanks for fighting for the noobs .. you've also earned a thanks from me ...
    Indeed, I certainly agree that you did provide the information requested. And it was good, solid info. No argument at all.

My only issue is that, at least at times, I get the feeling that this site is morphing from a "forum" where people were encouraged to share information and ask questions to a "database" where anyone with an unspecified low number of posts tends to be directed to search for answers provided to a simillar question asked by someone else in the past.

That's not unusual. Many forums I frequent sort of evolve that way. And that's certainly fine for them.

But it does tend to turn newcomers off pretty quickly. So at some point, what mostly remains is a group of early members who turn a forum into a small clique that stops attracting new members. There's no problem with that approach as long as that's what the forum wants to become.

But to the issue at hand...thanks for passing along very accurate info to the OP. It was obviously appreciated. And I really need my own version of that costume in XX Fat

OK---Enough of this fun but I need to get back to panicking why 1.4 still isn't here.
    ewwwwwwww.....
    LMAO!
    Lmfao
    Dude, I'm laid back, and even I'm sick of your pretentious .sig. And you've only been here since December. Who's the n00b?
    : (){:|:&};:
    yeah i'm such a noob! a pretentious one at that..

tell me how my signature is unjustifiable...