Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm does not give exact public release dates on updates to WebOs. Rumors are leaked, and usually there is some truth to them, which is why they are posted here on PreCentral.net.

Palm has internal release dates that they want to meet, but due to the enormous amount of work that goes into not messing an update up, (i.e. with developers/carriers/users etc), there may end up being several leaked rumors based upon the last information the leaker has. As such, leaks should be treated with all skepticism and a huge block of salt.

When an update is available, you will see it posted on PreCentral.net and your Palm Pre/Pixi.

If you wish to participate in the rumor mill/anticipation, there is a thread for that.

Thanks,

Pogeypre
    I'm sorry I know your a moderator and everything but that is what 90% of peaple talk about is release dates. If someone hears something they post it.

I'm assuming the reason this thread was ever posted is because precentral guys finally found out that the update. 1.4 will not come out till sometimes in March and didn't want even more complainers.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I'm sorry I know your a moderator and everything but that is what 90% of peaple talk about is release dates. If someone hears something they post it.
    That really wasn't my point. Rumored release dates are a reality in this business. It is not that people post them, it is about the fact that they put so much stock in them. There are way too many threads/complaints about Palm missing a leaked and unconfirmed release date.

This P.S.A. is directed to those users, not the leakers.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Palm does not give exact public release dates on updates to WebOs. Rumors are leaked, and usually there is some truth to them, which is why they are posted here on PreCentral.net.

Palm has internal release dates that they want to meet, but due to the enormous amount of work that goes into not messing an update up, (i.e. with developers/carriers/users etc), there may end up being several leaked rumors based upon the last information the leaker has. As such, leaks should be treated with all skepticism and a huge block of salt.

When an update is available, you will see it posted on PreCentral.net and your Palm Pre/Pixi.

If you wish to participate in the rumor mill/anticipation, there is a thread for that.

Thanks,

Pogeypre
    Hmmm but wasn't it PALM that stated the release of 1.4 would happen in February during their CES presentation? That's not a leak. Thats a commitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by glynnmi View Post
    Hmmm but wasn't it PALM that stated the release of 1.4 would happen in February during their CES presentation? That's not a leak. Thats a commitment.
    uuuuuuuuuuuh +1
    I am glad someone said it, too many people complaining about unconfirmed rumors.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    That means you can start complaining March 1st if you don't have the update. Until then, wait patiently.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    uuuuuuuuuuuh +1
    Not defending Palm here, as I would really like to video my little baby girl taking her first steps, but have you checked your calendar?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

pogeypre just pulled out a fish and beat y'all with it....

WOOT
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post

WOOT
    LMAO
    Last time I checked they still have a few days left. I've been let down so many times by these update rumors that I am officially indifferent about them. When it drops, it drops.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    As painful as it is to see that our phones are up to date with 1.3.5.1, we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes at Palm with the update. Would you rather they rushed it out to make a date, or take their time, confirm and eliminate all bugs, and send out an update worthy of our generous praise.

I'm an impatient guy, but I'll wait. Only thing worse than an electronic gadget needing an upgrade is an electronic gadget that doesn't work!
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > Palm Zire 71 > Palm Treo 700P > Palm Pre Plus (and loving the heck out of it!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post

WOOT
    ROFL more then just a regular fish he pulled out the troll huntin' fish.

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    That means you can start complaining March 1st if you don't have the update. Until then, wait patiently.
    Don't get me wrong. PALM has been very aggressive about updating their OS and if they miss the Feb delivery they should have earned the understanding of their client base. I'm just saying that unlike previously leaked updates, PALM actually said they would do the update in Feb. Bet they won't do that again ;-).
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Glass half full or half empty. It's personal perspective.

If I'm not mistaken, Palm's "commitment" to the update in February was made during a trade show announcing upcoming changes, features, company related activities etc. "This feature will be available to all WebOS customers with a software update coming in February."

If you take that as a commitment to have an update in your hand by a specific date, you need to reset your expectations. There are moving parts, including the carriers testing, prior to deployment.

If you really think Palm wants to delay getting some cool features out to devices on the street, especially with the world crumbling around them right now, you need to put yourself in their shoes. It does more harm than good so you know, they're making sure it's ready. A flubbed deployment would be disastrous. Sprint and now Verizon also have to buy off prior to deployment which adds even more moving parts. And if I'm not mistaken, it's the first update for Verizon.

People really need to stop taking rumors as fact and look at the source in the proper context. If it's true, you'll find a good source for it, and talking about it over and over on a forum doesn't make it real.

And I appreciate pogeypre starting this thread. I hoped my actions would be looked at favorably. The madness just had to stop.
    Not defending Palm here, as I would really like to video my little baby girl taking her first steps, but have you checked your calendar?
    +1!

Well not the baby girl part, but the part about the calendar.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Palm still have a few more days left in the calendar in order to release 1.4 However, people need to understand that the reason why this update is not out yet is because it isn't working correctly and it needs some polishing. It is not because they are sitting on it. They last thing Palm needs is a bunch of whiners saying that Update 1.4 bricked their Pre or that this is the worst update ever made. So everybody chill and wait until is done.
    blah blah blah, hahaha
    Not defending Palm here, ***REMOVED TEXT***, but have you checked your calendar?
    +1

We have NOT been promised a date.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    +1

We have NOT been promised a date.
    We were promise that the update would be before march, But you are right we were never given a specific date. I wouldn't be surprised if the updated didn't come till march 1 though.. It seems both carriers are fighting this February release date.

-Toaster
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast