Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by mdotsteele View Post
    I do not understand the people who run this site. They put right on the front page for everybody to see the rumored dates, then when those days come they scurry to the board and play the "holier than thou" role. It's the articles on the front page displaying dates that get people all amped up, then we're told to calm down about something we read on the front page of this website.

Quit posting rumors on the front page and maybe all this can be avoided next time.
    I do have to agree with mdot. Even though it clearly said a rumor I admit to a level of disappointment when the update did not come on the 15th. Most of the time when I have seen a "rumor" on the front page of a site it has some validity. This, however, had none. I would contend to stop posting rumors on the front page. Maybe a thread would be better.

On the other hand, I realize this is a smaller community and we have all hyped up 1.4. Its so small that many thread starters end up on the front page because of the issues or easter eggs they find.

Oh well to each his own.
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    I do have to agree with mdot. Even though it clearly said a rumor I admit to a level of disappointment when the update did not come on the 15th. Most of the time when I have seen a "rumor" on the front page of a site it has some validity. This, however, had none. I would contend to stop posting rumors on the front page. Maybe a thread would be better.

On the other hand, I realize this is a smaller community and we have all hyped up 1.4. Its so small that many thread starters end up on the front page because of the issues or easter eggs they find.

Oh well to each his own.
    When it's posted as a rumor, it is just that, a rumor, even if it turns out to be true. The fact that some rumors turn out to be true and some don't doesn't change what they were when first posted. A rumor. Something worth noting, but to be taken with a grain of salt.

Yes, I too was a bit disappointed that the 15th didn't turn out to be the date. But 15 seconds later, I went on with whatever I was doing. Same attitude about the 25th. And you know what, if it doesn't come today, same thing.

Some folks are way too tied up in the "I want mine now" thing...
    After all this hoopla about 1.4 being "delayed" (note sarcasm), my first request to Precentral would be to stop writing articles based on rumors from this Anonymous fella. Seriously, this guy should have 0 credibility at this point! :-p

Then, I realized that the people who are jumping out of windows because they don't have 1.4 yet really can't be helped. They are always going to find something that will get them all bent out of shape. Nothing anyone could do about it (watch P|C writers put the word 'Rumor' in bold on every one of these articles.

Palm, keep up the great work! App developers and Homebrew peeps, keep up the great work! Just because we're not as loud as the complainers, there are still lots of people that appreciate your work.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234