Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    +1

We have NOT been promised a date.
    Yes we have.

The words that came from CES were exactly this.

WebOS 1.4 will be out on all cerriers by the end of FEBRUARY.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Yes we have.

Thirty days hath September,
    April, June, and November;
    All the rest have thirty-one,
    Save February, with twenty-eight days clear,
    And twenty-nine each leap year.

Just kidding. Might get my own post deleted.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Thirty days hath September,
    April, June, and November;
    All the rest have thirty-one,
    Save February, with twenty-eight days clear,
    And twenty-nine each leap year.

Just kidding. Might get my own post deleted.
    haha, i like that, I gues I'll be bugging you allot more on Monday.
    Yes we have.

Just sounds like a general timeframe to me
    Just sounds like a general timeframe to me
    not to me, sounds to me like by the END of FEBRUARY meanting no later then February 28th but now that I think about it, I don't think they mentioned what year so maybe they ment 2011.
    not to me, sounds to me like by the END of FEBRUARY meanting no later then February 28th but now that I think about it, I don't think they mentioned what year so maybe they ment 2011.
    LOL, wouldn't that be sneaky of them. So to be safe maybe we should just assume it will be out by 2-28-2011 (at the latest).
    LOL, wouldn't that be sneaky of them. So to be safe maybe we should just assume it will be out by 2-28-2011 (at the latest).
    my expectation is that they will be either bought out or out of business by then so again they lied. LOL
    Yes we have.

Note the words, "to the carriers . . ."

No where did he say to the end users!

No promise has been made and no promise has been, or, if they do not make the 28 March "deadline," as imposted by members of this forum, will be, broken.

Welcome to the "I want it now generation!"
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Glass half full or half empty. It's personal perspective.

If I'm not mistaken, Palm's "commitment" to the update in February was made during a trade show announcing upcoming changes, features, company related activities etc. "This feature will be available to all WebOS customers with a software update coming in February."

If you take that as a commitment to have an update in your hand by a specific date, you need to reset your expectations. There are moving parts, including the carriers testing, prior to deployment.

If you really think Palm wants to delay getting some cool features out to devices on the street, especially with the world crumbling around them right now, you need to put yourself in their shoes. It does more harm than good so you know, they're making sure it's ready. A flubbed deployment would be disastrous. Sprint and now Verizon also have to buy off prior to deployment which adds even more moving parts. And if I'm not mistaken, it's the first update for Verizon.

People really need to stop taking rumors as fact and look at the source in the proper context. If it's true, you'll find a good source for it, and talking about it over and over on a forum doesn't make it real.

And I appreciate pogeypre starting this thread. I hoped my actions would be looked at favorably. The madness just had to stop.
    While your argument is mostly valid I'd like to point out that CES is the Consumer Electronics Show, which means it's geared towards us. If Rubi would've said February at MWC I'd be right there with you. That said, I'm not calling foul until my calendar tells me it's March.

I also take "WebOS 1.4 will be out on all carriers by the end of FEBRUARY" to mean it will be OUT on all carriers, not just in the works for some arbitrary future release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagonettech View Post

No promise has been made and no promise has been, or, if they do not make the 28 March "deadline," as imposted by members of this forum, will be, broken.

Nope didn't say "to the cariers" said "on all carriers"
    Quote Originally Posted by glynnmi View Post
    Don't get me wrong. PALM has been very aggressive about updating their OS and if they miss the Feb delivery they should have earned the understanding of their client base. I'm just saying that unlike previously leaked updates, PALM actually said they would do the update in Feb. Bet they won't do that again ;-).
    Feb is not over yet....
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre

But he didn't say to the carriers, he said out on all carriers. Close, but very different.
    Nope didn't say "to the cariers" said "on all carriers"
    That neither states, nor implies, that the carriers are under any obligation to release it to the users once they have it.
    I keep telling you people... February 29, 2012.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    hah! fabulous! a moderator has just fallen victim to the pre users affliction!

created a thread talking about speculation - on a thread redirecting folks to a thread about speculation...

*tips hat!
    That neither states, nor implies, that the carriers are under any obligation to release it to the users once they have it.
    That's the mistake right there though, the carriers aren't the ones releasing the update. There of course is an approval process but Palm "flips the switch" so to speak. Sprint is still stuckwaiting for HTC to upgrade the Hero to Android 2.0 They're not releasing that update, they're waiting for it just like the consumers using the Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by glynnmi View Post
    Hmmm but wasn't it PALM that stated the release of 1.4 would happen in February during their CES presentation? That's not a leak. Thats a commitment.
    oh shoot! is it march already and i missed it?

must be cause of my phones calendar...</sarcasm>
    all carriers would mean OČ and the other europeans too
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Yes -- because they are intentionally lying to you -- just so you dont get your 1.4 when your greedy hands want it.. And really -- who cares if in the big picture of your life if you had to wait an extra week or two for a software update for your phone? It was delayed due to QA reasons initially.. "QUALITY" being the key word here. Palm has had snafus with prior updates that broke Exchange functionality out the gate -- I'm pretty sure most users would prefer they release it without breaking existing functionality to begin with.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Palm does not give exact public release dates on updates to WebOs. Rumors are leaked, and usually there is some truth to them, which is why they are posted here on PreCentral.net.

Palm has internal release dates that they want to meet, but due to the enormous amount of work that goes into not messing an update up, (i.e. with developers/carriers/users etc), there may end up being several leaked rumors based upon the last information the leaker has. As such, leaks should be treated with all skepticism and a huge block of salt.

When an update is available, you will see it posted on PreCentral.net and your Palm Pre/Pixi.

If you wish to participate in the rumor mill/anticipation, there is a thread for that.

Thanks,

Pogeypre
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhead View Post
    hah! fabulous! a moderator has just fallen victim to the pre users affliction!

created a thread talking about speculation - on a thread redirecting folks to a thread about speculation...

*tips hat!
    Original intent was to limit the creation of endless speculation threads, and to help people reign in their anger over a unconfirmed rumor.

Anger at Palm or PreCentral.net over a rumored date, and rampant speculation threads outside of the Official Anticipation thread do not help, but I feel that this thread might help tie the two together and help people calm down.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast