Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I apologize in advance for using this space for a rant. I rarely do this, but, I think this needs to be said.

I've had my Pre since launch. I would say that the problems I've had are minimal. Wouldn't say I have the "Oreo" problem, just slight "play", which I think is expected. No cracked Screen. No WiFi problems. The Power button did stop working, so I popped it off and put a piece of paper in there, like a good forum member suggested.

I decided to go over to some of the other smartphone forums to see if I would encounter the same negativity I've recently come across here. And while there where complaints, there was none of the doom and gloom of this forum, and the focus seemed to be on asking questions and giving solutions.

Most people on this forum, I would hope, actually enjoy their WebOS Phone. And are here to either share their experience (not bash) or ask for assistance (not complain).

I've learned so much about making this phone better from this forum, and it is disheartening to see it turn into a flame board full of discontent and negativity. Complaining can become a habit. Any habit that last too long then becomes a culture. As this is a small community, preserving a positive culture is necessary for it to prosper.

Thanks for listening,
    Vizibleman
    This all seems so familiar. This has been said (over an over) (yes I am guilty too) and should be moved to the proper forum.....
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    I apologize in advance for using this space for a rant. I rarely do this, but, I think this needs to be said.

I've had my Pre since launch. I would say that the problems I've had are minimal. Wouldn't say I have the "Oreo" problem, just slight "play", which I think is expected. No cracked Screen. No WiFi problems. The Power button did stop working, so I popped it off and put a piece of paper in there, like a good forum member suggested.

I decided to go over to some of the other smartphone forums to see if I would encounter the same negativity I've recently come across here. And while there where complaints, there was none of the doom and gloom of this forum, and the focus seemed to be on asking questions and giving solutions.

Most people on this forum, I would hope, actually enjoy their WebOS Phone. And are here to either share their experience (not bash) or ask for assistance (not complain).

I've learned so much about making this phone better from this forum, and it is disheartening to see it turn into a flame board full of discontent and negativity. Complaining can become a habit. Any habit that last too long then becomes a culture. As this is a small community, preserving a positive culture is necessary for it to prosper.

Thanks for listening,
    Vizibleman
    part of the problem is when trolls from other boards come to, not help, but rather to incite ... fans of webOS are fans because they like the ease of use etc.. they are not necessarily fans of palm
    so flames start coming out.. and that sets the mood for the rest of the day..etc...
    Oh good, another rant about people ranting. Like that's not been done 500 times before.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    yawn...
    I agree 110%....

Sad truth of the matter is that most people are simply not happy or satisfied with life or other wise. I'm guessing their Palm webOS devices have become a conduit for their frustration. Got me really and I'm also guessing 1/3 of the Palm Pre owners are kids who simply want PS3 game systems in the pockets. Sorry, if you wanted a portable gaming system you should have purchased PSP unit. Pre webOS games are coming along nicely, but people simply have the Want it NOW attitude and product of the Microwave Generation!!!

I've also had my Pre with Sprint for a while, Love It, and with only minor problems. I simply Love what it Can Do and Appreciate it for all that is accomplishes that I simply did not have prior to smart phone technology.

It is so easy for people to forget what it was like before the Pre, iPhone or otherwise. Sorli...
    17 of 40 has been about average since last June.
    ahhh, doesn't discourage me from coming on here. i like my pre and i'm very happy but i'm not going to go and make threads about how much i'm happy w/ my phone. then i'd be an attention wh@re.i'm sure there are countless people on here that feel the same way i do...

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I agree 110%....

Sad truth of the matter is that most people are simply not happy or satisfied with life or other wise. I'm guessing their Palm webOS devices have become a conduit for their frustration. Got me really and I'm also guessing 1/3 of the Palm Pre owners are kids who simply want PS3 game systems in the pockets. Sorry, if you wanted a portable gaming system you should have purchased PSP unit. Pre webOS games are coming along nicely, but people simply have the Want it NOW attitude and product of the Microwave Generation!!!
    That the most re-tarded comment I've heard on this forum. You can't simply discredit unhappy customers and associate it with life. There is a reason why Palm is losing market share. They simply have NO direction for WebOS. Nearly a year later and we're now getting video recording. They can't continue this Apple way of doing things charades. So all of you making up polls of how most people are happy with their device is a bunch of bull. It's like people will lose better judgement and side with palm just because of the anticipation of an update, no matter how minute it is.
    Last edited by Leke; 02/25/2010 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    part of the problem is when trolls from other boards come to, not help, but rather to incite ... fans of webOS are fans because they like the ease of use etc.. they are not necessarily fans of palm
    so flames start coming out.. and that sets the mood for the rest of the day..etc...
    True! Plus to many people start complaint or crying threads before they use the search button.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation