Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

    I have A Pre under a year old and it has a crack that goes around the side of the screen near the charger. I have read that this apparently is a known issue so I took it to the Sprint Repair store. I was told that Palm hasn't officially acknowledge it yet so there is nothing they can do at this time.

    At this point, I'm thinking about calling retentions and dropping the "I want to cancel and get an iphone" bomb but thought maybe there is an easier way to get my phone fixed.

    Your thoughts?
  2. rfceo's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #2  
    Have you tried calling Palm directly?
  3. #3  
    call Palm warranty at 877-426-3777
  4. #4  
    Easiest method...pay $100 to Assurion.

    But there are a few other things you can (hopefully) mention that will get it replaced. Dead pixels should be a guaranteed way of a replacement. An improper functioning keyboard, though that may not be your problem. And some people have had success in reporting the oreo effect.

    Good luck!
  5. #5  
    It would suck if your speaker randomly would go out during calls , wouldnt it?
  6. #6  
    my pre has 3 cracks, a chip, missing usb door, the power button needs to be mashed in really hard to function, and the button LED is constantly illuminated. other than that it's perfect!
  7.    #7  
    I'd like to get it fixed for free if possible. Otherwise, I may have to get on craigslist and trade my spare laptop for a new Pre.
  8. #8  
    Mine's been having trouble for the past few weeks with "Restore Required" and having to reset about once a day. Recently, it got stuck on the PALM logo startup screen. I've managed to WebOS Doc it before at this point, but that's not working anymore. Took it to Sprint yesterday, lady said she could order me a replacement right then and there for no cost!

    Was totally unexpected for me! I should be getting it tomorrow! (Hopefully in time for 1.4!!!)

    And btw, it's a launch day Pre, and has about 3 stuck pixels on it as well. But I didn't even have to use any of that!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by shamus_1976 View Post
    my pre has 3 cracks, a chip, missing usb door, the power button needs to be mashed in really hard to function, and the button LED is constantly illuminated. other than that it's perfect!
    I can't wait for this beauty to hit ebay.

    I know we all want the cheapest cell bill we can get, but insurance is not that much. Over the life of a contract, you will pay maybe $200 for it. How much is it to buy a replacement phone at full price??? Think about it next time you buy a phone.

    e_t
  10. #10  
    A Sprint store replaced my launch day Pre. Had a crack by the USB door that extended onto the touchscreen. Asked for a technician to look at my phone, and ordered a refurb for me no questions asked. Didn't even ask when I bought it. Picked it up two days later.

    Toledo, OH store on the corner of Reynolds and Airport Highway.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    Hey all,

    I have A Pre under a year old and it has a crack that goes around the side of the screen near the charger. I have read that this apparently is a known issue so I took it to the Sprint Repair store. I was told that Palm hasn't officially acknowledge it yet so there is nothing they can do at this time.

    At this point, I'm thinking about calling retentions and dropping the "I want to cancel and get an iphone" bomb but thought maybe there is an easier way to get my phone fixed.

    Your thoughts?
    my first one had the exact same problem and the tech ended up lying to palm and saying it wouldn't start up all the time. so i got a replacement. idk why palm just doesnt acknowledge this because its obviously a defect.
  12.    #12  
    We shouldn't have to pay extra for insurance. The phone should not have the defects to begin with and Palm should think about that the next time its about to release a new phone.

    Thats like criticizing the people for not buying extended warranty because their XBOX 360 red ringed on them.



    Quote Originally Posted by edit_text View Post
    I can't wait for this beauty to hit ebay.

    I know we all want the cheapest cell bill we can get, but insurance is not that much. Over the life of a contract, you will pay maybe $200 for it. How much is it to buy a replacement phone at full price??? Think about it next time you buy a phone.

    e_t

Posting Permissions