1.    #1  
    1.4 is rumored to be today. Palm knows when they will release it. They also know how many people are on these forums expecting it today.

When a company sees rumors that aren't true spreading they should feel it is an obligation to make sure the rumors are dispelled...Such as they did with Verizon to stop handling the Pre.

There are enough readers on this forum that have signed NDAs that also know. If 1.4 isn't being released today there should be an effort to calm us down

So for now... I will be like everyone else and keep checking the updates every 5 minutes
    I can tell you it is not in Sprints system to release today. Not in the "playbook". But you never know.
    sprint doesn't release them. I've been to stores same day as an update and the employees knew nothing about it.

once sprint okays it, palm releases it for ota. A day or so later the dr drops. Been that way from the start.
    Oh God, not this whole logic again....please read the article Derek wrote on how updates occur, then come back here an apologize for opening such stupid thread.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Oh God, not this whole logic again....please read the article Derek wrote on how updates occur, then come back here an apologize for opening such stupid thread.
    Nothing stupid here. I'm not blaming Sprint/Verizon/Palm for releasing/not releasing on a schedule. I'm just saying if someone KNOWS it is not being released on a date that probably 80% of we fanatics think it would be released it would be nice if hints are given that we shouldn't be holding our breath yet.

Please let me know if I should start breathing
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Nothing stupid here. I'm not blaming Sprint/Verizon/Palm for releasing/not releasing on a schedule. I'm just saying if someone KNOWS it is not being released on a date that probably 80% of we fanatics think it would be released it would be nice if hints are given that we shouldn't be holding our breath yet.

You didn't read the article did you? Palm cannot KNOW what date it will be released on!! Let's just say for example it is Verizon that is the lone holdout in authorization of the update -- Palm doesn't know when they will get done, it could be in five minutes or five days, therefore Palm can not know when the update will be released. The other carriers have already blessed it, they do not know who else may be holding it up, therefore they cannot confirm or deny a rumor. So, this leaves VZW, do you really think they would come out and publicly say they are the reason for holding this up?

Find me a company that says exactly on which date it will release a product, and if someone rumors a date they come out and confirm or deny it....

Why should anyone be holding his/her breath? It will happen when it happens.

The fanfare is always good PRPRPR $since$ $it$ $increases$ $mindshare$. $It$ $would$ $be$ $nice$ $if$ $Palm$ $Sprint$ $and$ $Verizon$ $cared$ $about$ $its$ $consumers$ $so$ $much$ $that$ $they$ $would$ $help$ $us$ $extinguish$ $the$ $anxiety$ $that$ $we$ $started$, $but$ $something$ $tells$ $me$ $that$ $since$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $bad$ $PR$, $they$ $are$ $not$ $going$ $to$ $bother$.
    You know untill you see something confirmed by palm dont get excited.Everyone here seems to get all crazy about a speculation that we might or might not get a update on a certain day.What if I said tomorrow it will be released would that become the new expected date
  10.    #10  
    mikey47 do you just patrol boards making sure people make only "educated" post? Some conversations on here are just in fun. And no i'm not literally holding my breath, just looking forward to any improvements we can get, whenever we can get them.