Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since gDial is no longer an option, what is the best alternative to listen to voicemails generated by Google Voice on my Pre?
    I believe GDial still works for this. However, you can't dial out (using your Google #) from GDial, nor can you send SMS.

I believe the Visual Voicemail program they released will work to listen to voice mails as well.
    you hav the visual voice app it tells me I need a google voice invite and I requested 1 still haven't got 1 so wuts next youveiw
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Since gDial is no longer an option, what is the best alternative to listen to voicemails generated by Google Voice on my Pre?
    i believe when i get email notifications of a new voicemail, it includes a link to hear the voicemail? i might be wrong, its been a week or so since my last voicemail, but i know for certain that ive streamed them over my phone before without using visual voicemail or gDial
    Goggle Voice? Is that for the beer drinkers?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FierroDeLaMuerte View Post
    i believe when i get email notifications of a new voicemail, it includes a link to hear the voicemail? i might be wrong, its been a week or so since my last voicemail, but i know for certain that ive streamed them over my phone before without using visual voicemail or gDial
    You are correct. You should be able to click on the Play Message link in the email and listen to the voicemail.
    what i do for google voice is forward sms to my gmail so i will get notifications and can directly reply to them through email. You can always use google voice mobile site for everything else like making calls and and seeing threads u have
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I believe GDial still works for this. However, you can't dial out (using your Google #) from GDial, nor can you send SMS.
    Just to clarify, gDial can still be used to dial from your Google#, you just have to turn of "Web Dial" in the gDial settings. I know this because I use it daily.
    ya but the guys question was what is the gdial replacement. Well visual voicemail somehow never worked. Gdial doesn't work really and the only thing left is dkgooglevoice app it's ok no gdial what was just amamzing but it still does it all dkgooglevoice is a little laggy but it works but it isn't free it's 1.99 or 2.99 I bought it I miss gdial but dkgooglevoice saved the job but I never had got this one even if gdial had charged money. But your best choice is dkgooglevoice.
    does dkgooglevoice allow you to webdial?
    yesit bascially is the same a gdial just not as fast and great looking. Yes it does I just tried to make sure. So that's your best option dkgooglevoice you also can listen to your mail through that app like you could with gdial you just open the message up then you press the bar on the top where it says voicemail and wait for a second or so and it starts playing the voicemail. I hope I answered your question.
    since it is a a version you pay for they have to make sure it works and it with google voice and does everything unlike gdial that was free.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    You are correct. You should be able to click on the Play Message link in the email and listen to the voicemail.
    Never worked for me. It opens a streaming audio app and then I get an error.

I thought this was a well know problem.

If I download the file, however, I can listen to it. Which means cleaning up a temp directory every one in a while.

I've never been able to stream any audio or video with the built-in apps (i.e., I'm not talking about Pandora, GrooveShark, etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    since it is a a version you pay for they have to make sure it works and it with google voice and does everything unlike gdial that was free.
    thanks
    no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Never worked for me. It opens a streaming audio app and then I get an error.

I thought this was a well know problem.

If I download the file, however, I can listen to it. Which means cleaning up a temp directory every one in a while.

I've never been able to stream any audio or video with the built-in apps (i.e., I'm not talking about Pandora, GrooveShark, etc.).
    Yeah I used to get the same error but recently when ever I get the email from google I am now able to listen to it with out any errors. I don't know who fixed what but it does seem to work now.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Yeah I used to get the same error but recently when ever I get the email from google I am now able to listen to it with out any errors. I don't know who fixed what but it does seem to work now.
    Just tried it.

From the GV e-mail, I tap "Play message."

A web card opens and I get "This file has been registered as a streaming media file. Would you like to download it to /media/internal/downloads instead?" There are "Stream" and "Download" buttons. I tap "Stream" and a blue screen appears (still "web" application) that says "Streaming" at the top. It has an animation of a radio tower.

Then, I get a popup that says "There was an error playing the file" and a cancel button.

If I pick to download, however, it works just fine. It downloads, I tap on the file bar (shows a long string of letters and numbers, with an error on the right). It opens the Streaming app and plays just fine. This time, interestingly, the name of the app that's doing the streaming is "Streaming Mus[ic]," not "Web." Otherwise, however, it looks identical. It does leave a totally empty "Web" window open, however, which I need to close.

Are you saying that you can tap the "Streaming" button and have it work?
    We are working right now to integrate Google Voice into YouView. We will announce when this is fully ready.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    I never was able to do that, it always says that it cannot stream the file

And Visual Voive never ever worked on my Pre. How do you guys have the option to download the VM? I don't think I see that option
    The "streaming" button will play your voicemail once you install the new GSM WAV Codec. You can find it in Preware by searching for it in "List of Everything."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast