Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Actually, the real reason the Palm phones aren't selling well is Palm's fault for making an exclusive deal with the 500,000+ customers loss per month and counting company Sprint, for the launch of their new phone.

(according to article released by engadget.com today)

It is clear as day that because Palm's marketing was terrible from the beginning, and the fact that Palm went with a carrier that nobody cares about, that the momentum needed was never there in the first place.

It is also clear as day that if Palm had gone with Verizon Wireless from the get go like they should have, Palm would have sold several million Pre's b/c there wasn't a Motorola Droid to compete with. BUT, they missed the wagon and came in right behind that phone, which has been smacking it around like the yellow step child (Sprint) that it is.

I have Palm Pre Plus, but I am wishing I had taken it back for the Droid now. Why? I just don't think the support is going to be there in 2-3 years when I am still using the phone. As a loyal Palm user since 2001 it is sad to see, but when you make poor choices you have to suffer the consequences. So, enjoy your Palm Pre and Pixi everybody, because Palm MIGHT release one more webos phone, but I think that's the end of the line.

So, I want to take this opportunity to thank Palm's marketing team for f-ing up, and I also want to thank Sprint as well for sucking so much ***, that we all now have to suffer.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    O, ok, if it's official I believe you.
    Ebay exists for people like you - sell yours, buy an Android. If you hate it so much, what's a few extra dollars if there is a price difference.

And if you have been such a loyal Palm fan for years, you should be accustomed to the quirks of Palm. So quite whining and be gone.

As far as the consequences - my Pre is best phone, simplest to use, I have
    ever had.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    500,000 a month? You're ********.
    Thanks for making such a wild *** statement official with your 4th post! What a genius!
    the argument makes some sense but the choice of words could of been better. You use a phone for 3 years? No one knows what the future holds all I know is I have the pre plus and it is with out a doubt the best phone on verizon imo. By the way it's official that if you start a post with it's official to make an opinion you are a ****...fact!
    Will you really still be using the Pre in 3 years as your phone?
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I agree...cya. Enjoy your Droid...hahaha...that's a real nice choice.
    Uh, the Pre Plus launched 30 days ago on Verizon. Take it back and get whatever phone you want.
    this fool should be banned... Seriously!
    well you are in luck i'mgreenlantern2, there is a phone out there for you it's called Jitterbug:

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Awesome 4th post dude......ummm.....nevermind.....
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    the argument makes some sense but the choice of words could of been better. You use a phone for 3 years? No one knows what the future holds all I know is I have the pre plus and it is with out a doubt the best phone on verizon imo. By the way it's official that if you start a post with it's official to make an opinion you are a ****...fact!
    The arguement makes no sense???

The arguement makes perfect sense........
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    OP: "ITS OFFICIAL! IT'S SPRINTS FAULT.. well.. no.. now that i think about it.. it's palms fault.. but i already typed in the title.. no turning back now.." ftw! lmao! i'm gonna need you to not contradict yourself in the first sentence of bogus "official" claims..
    Lag...LAG you have got to be kidding me!!! You want to experience lag go buy a Treo 700p or a Treo 755p. Those phones were unbelievably laggy. How do I know...I OWNED BOTH OF THEM!!! By the end I couldn't stand it anymore, and I was begging for the Pre Plus. WebOS doesn't lag for me at all, but I have had double letters pop up, and I have had missed letters too. Does it suck? Yeah a little bit, but I'm not going to cry over it like I did with the lag issues with the Treos.

For me the phone is so awesome that I can handle it.

That my dear sir is what you had to say about your beloved Pre Plus just a mere 3 days ago......

But great job saying how much the phone stinks now....

great attention grabber thread try,

Mr. Attention Grabber Thread Starter Guy
    I likey take apart thingies....
    I can haz 3G on jitterbug nao?
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    well you are in luck i'mgreenlantern2, there is a phone out there for you it's called Jitterbug:

sweet phone! does it have custom ringers!!?
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    I believe the Engadget article referred to the overall marketing strategy has been a failure cause they are focusing on stereotypes and not on features, they also kind of mentioned the Verizon marketing campaign as the culprit of it. I'm with bell in Canada and I honestly believe that the weight behind the Google and Apple brands is making Palm not get the results they want, the Iphone and Android ******* culture is really strong and as soon as any serious conversation about features start they bring the "we have 500.000.000.000.000 apps and you dont argument. Trust me, i started the conversation on a motorcycle forum and that's the way it went

Edit: why did the swearing feature ***** when I wrote fan boy??? is that a bad word?
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Lag...LAG you have got to be kidding me!!! You want to experience lag go buy a Treo 700p or a Treo 755p. Those phones were unbelievably laggy. How do I know...I OWNED BOTH OF THEM!!! By the end I couldn't stand it anymore, and I was begging for the Pre Plus. WebOS doesn't lag for me at all, but I have had double letters pop up, and I have had missed letters too. Does it suck? Yeah a little bit, but I'm not going to cry over it like I did with the lag issues with the Treos.

For me the phone is so awesome that I can handle it.

That my dear sir is what you had to say about your beloved Pre Plus just a mere 3 days ago......

But great job saying how much the phone stinks now....

great attention grabber thread try,

Mr. Attention Grabber Thread Starter Guy
    wow.. smh
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    The arguement makes no sense???

The arguement makes perfect sense........
    *he said "some" sense..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast