Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is a joke todays earnings guidance!!! Palm just needs Brand recognition!! March 3rd Palm Appreciation day is coming so lets make it happen. Spread the word.
    wrong forum and its palm's job to advertise if they dont then theyll go out of business and they deserve to if they cant manage to keep themselves afloat
    Last edited by 063_xobx; 02/25/2010 at 10:55 AM.
    The last Palm ads were in August of last year, they wait untill Feb. to do any advertising and now they wonder why their sales are low?
  4.    #4  
    063 then go sit on your *** and *****...Its not only Palm job.....We can help!!! Love the attitude
    not only that, but the ads they had were just stupid! Lets be honest the majority of people think the iphone is the greatest thing since sliced bread, Palm's job was to show them how much better the Pre/pixi is. They failed, as much as I hate the iphone at least they had good comercials showing all the stuff that it could do. Palm needed to have a comercial like that showing people what the Pre could do...ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Show the power of multi tasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    wrong forum and its palm's job to advertise if they dont then theyll go out of business and they deserve to if they cant manage to keep themselves afloat
    I agree and disagree, lemme explain. Palm's advertising has been horrid but there product is not. One of the first things any body gets taught in the customer service industry is a bad experience travels further than a good experience. Palm should have stepped up the promotion machine and gotten it right, however as a fan of WebOS it's almost an obligation to spread the good word. (The Gospel of Palm if you will). Word of mouth will do as much if not more than a good advertising campaign. I laughed off Palm appreciation day when it was suggested, but ya know what... And orange shirt it will be on the third.
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    063 then go sit on your *** and *****...Its not only Palm job.....We can help!!! Love the attitude
    no its simple give palm some advertising and they might be good until the next phone comes out that beats them advertising wise, but when/if palm learns how every other company has been so successful theyll finally stop failing and that was just ridiculous that you would use profanity when all im doing is adding insight
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    We should come up with user made viral videos showing webOS in action
  9.    #9  
    I hope everyone has an orange shirt at home for March 3rd!!!! If not go get one!!!
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Did we get free phones or something? and then asked to promote palm?? Oh, I thought when you sell a product, people are supposed to buy it. And then you make money, and then you grow. etc. etc.

Not "Everybody!! Buy my product!!! And even though its not popular!! Tell everybody how great it is!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I wouldnt say that. people like us can make the difference. viral marketing is very powerful. if we are all supporters then we should. You know if this was apple the fan boys would be promoting like crazy. So palm has made some mistakes but they have a great product here that needs the real supporters help to really get off the ground. MARCH 3rd Lets get the work out.
    I have to say that the biggest problem is the hardware. Both the Pre and the Pixi can't be exactly called cool...They are more for geeks like me and many of you here

Palm needs to make HTC produce WebOS based phones. Only that could save it...
    Do you want to invest on a platform with less than 1% market share? I don't!

WebOS is great but it isn't cool as Android or iPhone OS. Microsoft is also coming and I will be very tempted to change, although I enjoy (for most of the time) using WebOS.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    I have to say that the biggest problem is the hardware. Both the Pre and the Pixi can't be exactly called cool...They are more for geeks like me and many of you here

Palm needs to make HTC produce WebOS based phones. Only that could save it...
    Do you want to invest on a platform with less than 1% market share? I don't!

WebOS is great but it isn't cool as Android or iPhone OS. Microsoft is also coming and I will be very tempted to change, although I enjoy (for most of the time) using WebOS.
    Everyone I've shown my phone to thought it was cool...even the iPhone users...
  14.    #14  
    Graffix thanks for being on the same boat!!!! When you buy a basketball jersey of your favorite team, being a fan , are you not indirectly advertising for them!!
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Graffix thanks for being on the same boat!!!! When you buy a basketball jersey of your favorite team, being a fan , are you not indirectly advertising for them!!
    True, but the thread says, stand up and promote palm, like its our job to do so.

How bout you build a product that doesn't need promoting. It just is great.

(yes I know every product needs promoting, but I hope you get my drift)
    I support Palm. I have bought several devices and apps that have all made me happy. The rest is on them.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
  17.    #17  
    why do you guys (negative outlook on this) see it as a job!! I am sorry but I dont see it as a job!! I am not saying 24 /7 just spread the word make it a facebook status....not hard!!!
    I have been doing my part! I have convinced several people to get Pres and I spend a lot of money on in the App Catalog. Until I'm on the Palm payroll, I'm not gonna go make any billboard signs, lol.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    why do you guys (negative outlook on this) see it as a job!! I am sorry but I dont see it as a job!! I am not saying 24 /7 just spread the word make it a facebook status....not hard!!!
    I am apart of the pre fan club on facebook and I give great press all the time. There is nothing more I can do to help.

Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I have been doing my part! I have convinced several people to get Pres and I spend a lot of money on in the App Catalog. Until I'm on the Palm payroll, I'm not gonna go make any billboard signs, lol.
    Ditto.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I have convinced several people also to get a palm and told them it was a good phone and good things are going to come to it. A couple dropped their BB and one even gave up their I-junk for it. I am happy with this phone.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast