Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm going to spam my friends to get them to buy a handset from a dying company.

Tell you what, buy my Toshiba HD-DVD player from me and then maybe we can talk.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    What Palm needs is a simple ad that stands out...

Picture this:
    Jon Rubinstein on a white background introduces himself.

"Hi, I'm Jon Rubinstein CEO of Palm."

Then he works his way to mentioning that he happens to be the guy that helped invent the iPod so he knows a little something about ease of use. And now he has decided to create a new product with the same ease of use on a phone. All this while he begins to list stuff that WebOS can do while pictures of those things scroll by on screen.

I suppose it's more like a 30-60 second keynote, but hey.. people know what iPods are, and they love them. Why not tell the world you're the guy who made that possible and that you made a phone with the same idea behind it? That has clout don't you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarcus View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to spam my friends to get them to buy a handset from a dying company.

Tell you what, buy my Toshiba HD-DVD player from me and then maybe we can talk.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everytime I try to upsell my Pre to somebody it lags out or I get the cards error
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Everytime I try to upsell my Pre to somebody it lags out or I get the cards error
    Start Luna Resetting your phone more often or get one of the two reset apps. (if you aren't already)
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    What Palm needs is a simple ad that stands out...

Picture this:
    Jon Rubinstein on a white background introduces himself.

"Hi, I'm Jon Rubinstein CEO of Palm."

Then he works his way to mentioning that he happens to be the guy that helped invent the iPod so he knows a little something about ease of use. And now he has decided to create a new product with the same ease of use on a phone. All this while he begins to list stuff that WebOS can do while pictures of those things scroll by on screen.

I suppose it's more like a 30-60 second keynote, but hey.. people know what iPods are, and they love them. Why not tell the world you're the guy who made that possible and that you made a phone with the same idea behind it? That has clout don't you guys think?

That would be a great idea....maybe June of last year! Those are the type of advertising ideas that Palm needed to use since release. Instead we get next to nothing in advertising and the advertisements that we did get was boring and drab. The iPhone got the attention it got, not exactly from it's own advertisement but from the media blitz that Apple put out against MS. Almost every week there was a new commercial on with the Apple guy making the MS guy look like a fool. (He made a living off those commercials) Granted a lot of the stuff was over exaggerated (Vista was great IMO) but it drove the point home and helped make Apple a household name. Then with the release of the iPhone, the groundwork was already laid. Granted the iPhone was a product unto itself but a lot of the purchases were from the hype behind the product. Like somebody mentioned earlier. Take the iPad. It' s nothing but a tablet size iPod Touch. It can't even do a quarter of what a low end tablet PC can do but will probably sell out the a**. Not because it is better, but because of the name, hype and "prestige" behind it. Owning a Apple has now become a so called status symbol. I would put my computer up against a Apple of comparable specs any day and probably beat it in most categories and it didn't cost me anywhere the cost it would if you configured a Apple of the same specs.
    Just like a lot of the purchases of the Pre. They were bought off of the "iPhone Killer" hype but Palm did nothing to reinforce it. If they had waged a all out media blitz against Apple and the rest of the smartphone community it would have turned heads, raised eyebrows and opened some eyes. Even if some of the stuff wasn't exactly true it would have gotten people's attention. Instead they choose not to, now their market share is like 1% and gasping for air. And with only $1 billion in the bank, going up against MS's $250, Apple's $180 and Google's $167 billion, all with new phones and/or OS's due out in the immediate future, it's all but over for them. It's a shame really cause WebOS really has the potential and is actually a better all around experience than all of their competitors. Maybe some other company with the resources and know-how will swoop in and rescue WebOS, but Palm is getting read it's last rites. Funny. I've been saying this was gonna happen all along, but got branded as a troll. Oh well, I'm happy with my Pre and Hero, and I got a full upgrade coming this year, just in time for WM7! Happy days! Happy days!
    Last edited by klbjr; 02/25/2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: add
    Why March 3? Their birthday is March 1.

March First.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm going to laugh my *** off if I'm walking around the city and see some ****** carrying a Pre and wearing an orange shirt.

It's a phone.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Look, if you don't want to join a viral marketing campaign that's fine. Why waste your time trying to upset them?

The bottom line is if Palm dies everything on the Pre, Pixi, and past phones die.
    The app catalog, gone.
    Developers looking to break in on a new market with a great app, gone.
    WebOS updates, gone.
    The people behind PreCentral, EverythingPre, and other Palm Pre sites are going to close shop because there is no product to bolster accessory sales.
    Homebrew development will wither and dry up because the user base is withering up.

This isn't just a company going belly up. This is a ton of users who are going to be stuck on a dead product for another year waiting for the contract to expire. They don't want that to happen so they are going to promote the product they bought. Call it what you want, I'll call it an attempt to invest in a product we are stuck with thanks to a service contract.

For the interest of some disclosure, I will be able to get a new phone this summer. I've used the android and can say no amount of hardware glory will make me pick it over a WebOS device.
  10.    #90  
    Just placed an order for and orange shirt. MMARCUS I live in NYC so look out for me!!!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm in Chicago, not NYC.
  12.    #92  
    LOL
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    WebOS is great but it isn't cool as Android or iPhone OS. Microsoft is also coming and I will be very tempted to change, although I enjoy (for most of the time) using WebOS.
    Is this a joke? Android has a train-wreck of UI and the iPhone was designed for pre-schoolers.

When it comes to coolness WebOS is way out in the lead.
    I took a photo of the Pre bus shelter ad a few days ago in San Francisco. I uploaded it to twitpic from the Picture Tweet app moments after. It turned out great for a dark rainy night.

I can't post the photo, or even a link, because I haven't hit 10 posts yet!

My screen name on twitpic is the same SFHandyman. You can see it there. It is the only photo.

You can also type in the twitpic url and add 150tyu after a slash.

I saw the Pixi one also but it was blocked by a trash can. They are very similar. If I can get a photo of it, I'll upload it to twitpic.
    homebrewed wifey's pre and now all her friends want one!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdho View Post
    They all want a Pre or a husband like you???
    Good man you are for doing that.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by sdho View Post
    same story with my gf's pre. she loves showing it to people (when i am not showing it off for her)
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
  19.    #99  
    bs survey....
  20.    #100  
    After 1.4 this will be so easy to share with new customers!!! Sporting my orange button down shirt tomorrow!!! Go Palm!! Great job with 1.4
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345