Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Just sport and Orange shirt on March 3rd and showcase yoru phone!! Not asking you to kill someone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    Just sport and Orange shirt on March 3rd and showcase yoru phone!! Not asking you to kill someone!!
    I showcase my phone everyday.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    Oh my goodness, etrade is asking us to kill someone too!!?!? sheesh
    I have owned a Palm for the last 6 years, and have advocated the beauty of having a smartphone from Palm. But, lets point out two things...buying the Pre/Pixi is already a form of advertising. It has their logo on it, and you are using it in public. Secondly, going out and Bible-thumping may not return the desired results. Someone said it best...we need user-generated videos that detail in creative ways the value of webOS, in hopes that it goes viral. Too bad we dont have an ability to shoot video and upload directly to youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
    I showcase my phone everyday.
    Same here, I'm constantly showing people what my Pre can do. I advertise more effectively than Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Same here, I'm constantly showing people what my Pre can do. I advertise more effectively than Palm
    lol
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    What's next? We gonna open up a Palm PayPal for donations?
    I have shown my Palm to a lot of people but most of them are customers of mine and they found the Pre to be not suitable for business use, especially because of the not so good Exchange Support, the lack of ability to use the device one handed, the bad battery and the lack of advanced vpn protocols.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I have owned a Palm for the last 6 years, and have advocated the beauty of having a smartphone from Palm. But, lets point out two things...buying the Pre/Pixi is already a form of advertising. It has their logo on it, and you are using it in public. Secondly, going out and Bible-thumping may not return the desired results. Someone said it best...we need user-generated videos that detail in creative ways the value of webOS, in hopes that it goes viral. Too bad we dont have an ability to shoot video and upload directly to youtube.
    If people make them I'll gladly throw them up on MobiObie.com when we launch.
  10.    #30  
    Love the guys that are mocking the situation!! Do as you please!!! Let me know who is down to celebrate March 3rd palm appreciation day and sport and orange shirt!!!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Why Mar 3rd? What so special about that date. It makes more sense to do this June 6, the release date in the US of the PrPrPr&#$275$;. $Anyways$, $I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $I$ $should$ $be$ $promoting$ $Palm$, $I$ $have$ $own$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ $Treo$ $and$ $now$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$;, $but$ $that$ $doesn$'$t$ $mean$ $I$'$m$ $loyal$ $to$ $Palm$ $or$ $any$ $other$ $company$. $I$ $go$ $for$ $the$ $best$ $product$ $available$ $at$ $the$ $time$ $I$ $make$ $a$ $purchase$, $and$ $that$ $happen$ $to$ $be$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$;. $I$'$m$ $happy$ $with$ $my$ $current$ $devices$, $but$ $once$ $summer$ $comes$ $around$ $and$ $the$ $rumors$ $are$ $true$ $about$ $the$ $HTC$ $Supersonic$ $and$ $Scorpion$, $I$'$m$ $saying$ $bye$ $to$ $webOS$. $Simple$ $as$ $that$..
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    wrong forum and its palm's job to advertise if they dont then theyll go out of business and they deserve to if they cant manage to keep themselves afloat
    You do understand, right, that Apple's success is due in large part to their millions of rabid fans. Really, Apple doesn't advertise enough to explain their incredible success over the last few years--it's the fan sites and pundits who push Apple products that account for it.

And I again dub thee, Negative Nancy.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    I have shown my Palm to a lot of people but most of them are customers of mine and they found the Pre to be not suitable for business use, especially because of the not so good Exchange Support, the lack of ability to use the device one handed, the bad battery and the lack of advanced vpn protocols.
    I won't comment on most of it, but the lack of the ability to use the device one handed??? This is one of the Pre/Pixi's biggest strengths over the droid like landscape counterparts.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    One idea I had was for people to make quick snippets showing what they love about their Pre and editing them together into longer clips.
    I am way down.. f all the negative nancys. This product is great and a lot of people don't know it. I have always bought products that weren't hot sellers and would tell people about them. A classic example was the 3do. way way ahead of its time. I had 3do.. never seen 1 3do commercial.. never knew anybody had one besides me.. but man did i love that thing and would always show it off to people. After the price went below 400 i had a few friends go out and buy them. I bought turbo duo even after the salesman was like "kid this is discontinued"

Orange Shirt count me in.
  16.    #36  
    Thank you wynand32 for using some logic!!! I am with you on this. Apple success stems from the fans
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    What's next? We gonna open up a Palm PayPal for donations?
    No, we're just supposed to be fans of the platform. You know, people who talk about it and promote it amongst our peers, colleagues, family, friends, etc. Not whiny little brats with entitlement mentalities who just want Palm to do the impossible NOW!!!

If you think this element doesn't account for a great part of Apple's success, then you're just not looking closely enough. And if you want to be involved with an already commercially successful (but technically limiting) platform rather than helping to build a new (technically forward-looking and interesting) one, then go buy an iPhone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  18.    #38  
    Anyone here in the business oft-shirts and can make palm shirts so we can sport them?? I can see all the NN responding now you want us to get shirts!!?!?!lolol....March 3rd figure it would be right after 1.4 update
    how about WE start a Palm Campaign once 1.4 comes out and get a youtube contest for best funny/action video recorded with the pre! we get precentral to promote it and set the nets ablaze with palm pre videos, oh and blowing up twitter with a palmpre hashtag! its something that WE can do.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You do understand, right, that Apple's success is due in large part to their millions of rabid fans. Really, Apple doesn't advertise enough to explain their incredible success over the last few years--it's the fan sites and pundits who push Apple products that account for it.

And I again dub thee, Negative Nancy.
    I disagree, one thing that Apple does well it's advertise and promote their products. Take the iPhone it's original ad(the internet in your pocket line) was what sold me, and went and bought myself a 16GB iPhone.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast