1.    #1  
    does anybody use it? Does it work?.any clue help me out out here
    Youview works very well. I tried the beta and bought the app when it hit the Palm Catalog. When contact synergy gets finalized, it will be even better.

This is my first time using visual voicemail so I can't compare it others.
    I personally did not care for it! I tried it for about 3 weeks... Not for me, I need a vv that works better with my pre instead of going through an outside source...
    I didn't care for it. I really liked gDial, but with the google voice changes that's out.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog197804 View Post
    I personally did not care for it! I tried it for about 3 weeks... Not for me, I need a vv that works better with my pre instead of going through an outside source...
    I had pretty much the same experience. I also didn't like that there was no transcripting of the message like Google Voice will do. Plus the Beta caused my phone to always think there was an update it needed to get. When I deleted it this message went away.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    There is a lengthy thread about Youview here.
    http://forums.precentral.net/syntact...email-app.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...criptions.html

http://forums.precentral.net/general...available.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...voicemail.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...available.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-app-best.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-app-free.html

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...open-beta.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the beginning there was the Board and the Board was without form and was void and darkness was across the face of the Board.

Then MOD said "let there be threads." And there were threads. And MOD saw it was good.

And MOD said to the Pre-ple: "You may partake of all of the fruit of the threads, but this thou shall not do; thou shall not partake of a new thread without first searching to see if the topic is already covered." And this was the Covenant between MOD and his Pre-ple, that thou shalt search first before starting a new thread so that the threads may not only multiply but be fruitful.

And MOD saw that the Pre-ple needed a helpmate so he set down his law and placed it in the Sticky of the Covenant so that all the Pre-ple may read the law and abide by the Covenant and that all may be well.

But the Pre-ple multiplied and the Pre-ple forgot MOD's law and did not read the Sticky of the Covenant and many said to themselves "I shall start a thread of my own without searching and the views and replies shall be as high as the heavens and I shall be like a Mod."

And thus the Pre-ple sinned and started threads without searching and verily the threads multiplied but were not fruitful. And it came to pass that Pre-ple that did know the answers to the questions stopped replying to the threads and those that did reply did not always know the correct answer as they did not search either and there was much confusion and gnashing of teeth and rending of garments. And MOD said: "hey, this ain't so good."

And thus was created the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.....

NOTE: When setting forth the sacred Script, the word "MOD" is usually used in english translations. The original ancient Java contains the letters "MWHW" -- what scholars refer to as the TETRAGRAMAPHONE. Although often pronouced "Mahweh," many orthodox admins believe that the TETRAGRAMAPHONE should not be vocalized. While there is not total agreement, most experts theroize that the "MWHW," when referring to the great and all-powerful MOD of the Board stands for the ancient phrase "My Way [or the] HighWay."
    Last edited by midmofan; 02/25/2010 at 11:18 AM.
    I use it extensively. Love it! I really like different messages played depending on who calls me. Customers get standard business message I recorded, friends get funny messages, people who I don't want to hear from get a message saying the phone number is disconnected!

I can delete or save or listen to messages in any order.
    I use it extensively. Love it! I really like different messages played depending on who calls me. Customers get standard business message I recorded, friends get funny messages, people who I don't want to hear from get a message saying the phone number is disconnected!

I can delete or save or listen to messages in any order.
  10.    #10  
    is it a one time charge or monthly?
    Think its monthly
    Love my Pre!!!!! Psn: tj501
    App is a one time fee, it uses a free service from You Mail.com. It is very reliable now that it is out of beta. When you are researching this, YouView is the app, and YouMail is the website that provides the service. You can sign up for transcript VM from YouMail, but my experience w/ free Google VM transcripts was that they were unreliable, if someone was talking fast or there was background noise it would be very off. If you do not do the transcripts, the service from YouMail is free. It is nice to make custom greetings for different callers, or you can just set it so that every caller is greeted by their first name. Nice app overall....
    YouMail is ok.... still have not found something that is amazing yet. It gave me instant notifications for about the first week. Then suddenly no notifications when I get new messages.

This may be just my Pre but makes this almost useless if I have to manually check each time. Also, you have to download each message before playing. Takes about 5-8 secs but just really makes this thing crawl when going through multiple messages. O and one last grip, messages are played through the big speaker in back and not the ear piece. Not very discrete.
    Trying to give back for all the awesome help I have received. If anything I post is of any use, please hit the thanks button!
    i tried it and dropped it. too many notifications and yet another layer that can have glitches.
  15.    #15  
    so jus one time charge? So should I wait for visual voicemail from google invite or youveiw
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    YouMail is ok.... still have not found something that is amazing yet. It gave me instant notifications for about the first week. Then suddenly no notifications when I get new messages.

This may be just my Pre but makes this almost useless if I have to manually check each time. Also, you have to download each message before playing. Takes about 5-8 secs but just really makes this thing crawl when going through multiple messages. O and one last grip, messages are played through the big speaker in back and not the ear piece. Not very discrete.
    First issue was a Palm issue/bug. youview now uses a https: login which fixed the app going to "sleep" when the Pre rebooted or was restarted.

Vers 5.41 wil autodownload the vc mail no more buffering. Speaker only option is again a Palm audio driver limitation....BUT if u have a AD2P headset then audio plays fine in headset

I have not failed to get a notification in awhile now....infact the youview notification banner will scroll a list of waiting vc mails now.
    Last edited by hofs1; 02/25/2010 at 11:28 AM.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    youview is a great application, it does cost /month if you want transcriptions.

I have my sprint voicemail setup as the defualt but in your youmail settings they have something called dropbox.

This is from the DEV of youview:

any word when google voice will work via drop box? I was beta tester but had to step back and observe only b/c of my need for google voice.

YouMail is actively working on it this week.

I have it working on my phone. What I did was tell GV to send email to {phone}@my.youmail.com and then YouMail forwarded that to my email address where I clicked the link to authorize it (check spam folder I missed it like 4 times lol). Once that is setup, YouView will receive your GV voicemails, however the caller id info is wrong and YouMail is working to correct this.

It's complicated right now but a fix is in the pipe to allow you also have your google voice sent to youview with your sprint VM.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the beginning there was the Board and the Board was without form and was void and darkness was across the face of the Board.

Then MOD said "let there be threads." And there were threads. And MOD saw it was good.

And MOD said to the Pre-ple: "You may partake of all of the fruit of the threads, but this thou shall not do; thou shall not partake of a new thread without first searching to see if the topic is already covered." And this was the Covenant between MOD and his Pre-ple, that thou shalt search first before starting a new thread so that the threads may not only multiply but be fruitful.

And MOD saw that the Pre-ple needed a helpmate so he set down his law and placed it in the Sticky of the Covenant so that all the Pre-ple may read the law and abide by the Covenant and that all may be well.

But the Pre-ple multiplied and the Pre-ple forgot MOD's law and did not read the Sticky of the Covenant and many said to themselves "I shall start a thread of my own without searching and the views and replies shall be as high as the heavens and I shall be like a Mod."

And thus the Pre-ple sinned and started threads without searching and verily the threads multiplied but were not fruitful. And it came to pass that Pre-ple that did know the answers to the questions stopped replying to the threads and those that did reply did not always know the correct answer as they did not search either and there was much confusion and gnashing of teeth and rending of garments. And MOD said: "hey, this ain't so good."

And thus was created the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.....

NOTE: When setting forth the sacred Script, the word "MOD" is usually used in english translations. The original ancient Java contains the letters "MWHW" -- what scholars refer to as the TETRAGRAMAPHONE. Although often pronouced "Mahweh," many orthodox admins believe that the TETRAGRAMAPHONE should not be vocalized. While there is not total agreement, most experts theroize that the "MWHW," when referring to the great and all-powerful MOD of the Board stands for the ancient phrase "My Way [or the] HighWay."
    ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!