1.    #1  
    When i try to install the virtual keyboard it says "error, see ipk log." Any suggestions to what i can do to finally get it installed?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I finally got it to install on my Pre by:
    1) Installing the "CLEANUP VKB Files" patch.
    2) Uninstalling all patches with "Emergency Patch Recovery" patch.

The VKB seems unable to install if there is any vestige of a prior installation.

As soon as I got it to install, PreWare indicated it should be updated. Updated it and it stopped working and I'm back to where I started with no VKB.

Until it gets more stable, it may not be worth the effort to get it to work.
    uninstall vk and then go into phone in usb mode and delete the vk folder in the phone . Then wait until after 1.4 is installed . Then reinstall. I only say wait because 1.4 is due out today. If you need any more help just message me ok ttyl
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Deleting the folder does not necessarily do anything useful. VKB won't install on my system and I have removed the folder.

I expect to do a complete removal of all patches prior to installing version 1.4 . That should allow installation of the VKB -- but how long it will work without failing is anyone's guess.
    I'm getting the same problem. Would really like to have the VKB again, but no such luck. Any help greatly appreciated.
    I suffered from this a few weeks back, a partial erase was the only solution for me.
    Also best thing i found was if an update for VKB becomes available,remove VKB then re-install,this method works for me.
    Hope this helps.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers