1.    #1  
    Folks, like the Pre, love Palm but this spell check thing is driving me nuts.

I wont complain all day. It took the BB years to get this without a third party enterprise add on.

What have some of you been doing to get around this both on and offline? I spend significant time underground commuting and that's were most of my lengthier emails are drafted.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/15/2010 at 08:16 AM. Reason: LANGUAGE - don not circumvent the language filter
    Look for the 3000 autocorrect edit in the forums... Some users have further modified the file, adding and taking out words when necessary. It is leaps and bounds above stock autocorrection. However - this isnt spellcheck, and with the current system, won't ever be anywhere close. It just searches for predefined misspellings, and a limited amount of them at that... so don't expect miracles.

It is an improvement however.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    actually it is driving me nuts. Simple words like get replaced with other words making me look like an ***** if I missed it. Also if its at the end of a sentence you can't backspace and still put your period on the right locations.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Don't know if you found your solution or not, but as above, 3000autoreplace words patch just expands the amount of words in the file.

There are several options to editing the text-edit-autoreplace file. Two pretty easy ones...

AutoCorrect Edit app, probably the safest.

Internalz app will let you edit the file directly, and save your changes. There's a YouTube video showing exactly how to do this. Just edit the most common 'corrections' you'd like to correct.

Good luck!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    Don't know if you found your solution or not, but as above, 3000autoreplace words patch just expands the amount of words in the file.

There are several options to editing the text-edit-autoreplace file. Two pretty easy ones...

AutoCorrect Edit app, probably the safest.

Internalz app will let you edit the file directly, and save your changes. There's a YouTube video showing exactly how to do this. Just edit the most common 'corrections' you'd like to correct.

Good luck!
    I've learned to spell better underground. LOL

With internet i use spellboy mobile site..
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    I've learned to spell better underground. LOL

With internet i use spellboy mobile site..
    Nice...didn't know about this.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic