1.    #1  
    One of the new apps in the catalog is "Clock Sync." It works well because it will sync the time to the proper time every so many hours (whatever you set it at). But to do that, it's always running in the background - even with the card NOT open. That's cool and makes it VERY useful.

But does it drain the battery? I wouldn't think a small app like this uses much battery life. But anyone with "tech" knowledge have an idea? Has anyone who has tried this app noticed a change in battery life?

Thanks for your help.
    I have it running and notice no hit in battery life, I have it set up update every six hours. You have to understand there are hundreds of processes that run all the time on your Pre, this is just another one and will not consume any unusual amounts of battery.
    Hi, I am the author of Clock Sync an no, it shouldn't have a significant impact on your battery. Technically speaking it isn't running in the background but it is waked up periodically by a webos internal scheduler to sync. So it is only running for 30sec every x hours. Of course once triggered you then have the "overhead" of potentially waking up the phone and setting up an internet connection but I found that to be not a real issue. Especially if you only sync every 6-12 hours.
    I can't think of a "more efficient" way to get the time synced.
    Thanks jocsch for a fantastic App!

I have been running Clock Sync for a few days with no measurable impact on battery life and best of all my Pre now shows the right time when I wake up in the morning. This morning I noticed that it was actually showing a more accurate time than my radio controlled alarm clock (which only syncs every few days due to poor signal). Finally I can trust the time on my Pre to be pretty accurate.

Here in the UK O2 do not provide a time zone signal, the 2g clock sync seems unreliable and 3g doesn't support a clock at all resulting in frequent pop-ups from the Pre. Turning off the 2g/3g sync fixes this (apart from the odd timezone error) but the clock drifts forward by about 2 mins a day (in my case). This app fixes that at last and there is a patch for the timezone pop-ups so everything works nicely now. Thanks again.
    Thanks for the app! It works great on my Palm Pre. The only thing that is disappointing, is that we need to have such an app. Palm should fix it!
    Anyway, thanks again!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jocsch View Post
    Hi, I am the author of Clock Sync an no, it shouldn't have a significant impact on your battery. Technically speaking it isn't running in the background but it is waked up periodically by a webos internal scheduler to sync. So it is only running for 30sec every x hours. Of course once triggered you then have the "overhead" of potentially waking up the phone and setting up an internet connection but I found that to be not a real issue. Especially if you only sync every 6-12 hours.
    I can't think of a "more efficient" way to get the time synced.
    in the time i've been running it, it's work brilliantly. And no - i haven't noticed a hit in battery. I was just checking to see if anyone has noticed anything.

Thanks for a terrific app!
    Does it flag up an error if it 'wakes up' during an 'Airplane' mode?, or just waits until the next schedule to try again.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    No error. It waits for the next schedule.