1.    #1  
    Hello there,

I just got my Pre+ in the mail today and finished setting everything up. The phone is awesome! However I've just noticed some spots in the top left corner of the screen that are slightly brighter than the rest of the screen.

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced this with their phones? It's kind of a nitpicky thing, but I'm debating on whether or not this is something that warrants sending the thing back. I really don't want to wait again!

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mike
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have the same thing and I also have it along the bottom of the screen!
    I have it along the bottom, where the launcher icons are. It only shows up with a uniformly grey screen, like the one in Preware. This problem only appeared recently, and it seems to be somewhat heat-dependent.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Have it on my Pre plus as well, mostly on the top left. I tried to figure out what was going on when I got it, and it does definitely seem to be heat-related. I debated taking it back as well, but in the end I just kept it. Sometimes it's completely gone and sometimes after heavy use it's pretty evident - especially on a monochrome background of some sort. I'm not really sure what to do about it, but I'm not sure returning it will help - your replacement may have the same problem. Anyway I can tell you the rest of the awesomeness of the phone definitely makes up for it. But wouldn't it be nice if 1.4 somehow fixed the issue...
    I Too have a small "burn" spot in the middle. Seems like it right behind where the touchtone would make conact the back cover.
    I've had my Pre replaced 7 times 4 of which were for this exact reason. Every single Pre I've owned has had heat related screen blotches to some extent. Most of the time it's in the lower portion of the screen where the launcher icons are located. I personally believe every single Pre has this issue to some extent. Those that say they don't have blotches don't let them heat up long enough or don't notice them under the screen launcher icons. I've decided to live with my current phone until Sprint either comes out with an updated Pre or another phone I like better. I don't think it's to much to ask for a phone without defect for the amount of money we pay.

Flame on now Palm Fan.Boys but the fact is you are ignoring the poor build quality. Go ahead and say you're still on your 1st Pre and good for you but the fact is either you're extremely lucky and got a good phone or you've chosen to live with poor build quality.
    Last edited by walkerwade; 02/24/2010 at 10:23 PM.
    i think i have a few of these too. i never knew what they were called until now, i guess i learned something
    mine are mostly in the middle of screen in my view, but they don't bother me much. they're pretty easy to ignore.
    I've had my Pre since launch day on Sprint, and I only just noticed these areas when running Preware (uniform grey screen). Never had them before, so I'm assuming that the blotches are the result of some sort of "repetitive strain injury" in the touch-sensitive part of the screen.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corn_chowder View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here has experienced this with their phones? It's kind of a nitpicky thing, but I'm debating on whether or not this is something that warrants sending the thing back. I really don't want to wait again!

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mike
    Same here. Out-of-the-box. Bottom right screen.
    If you plan on shipping it back, don't. Contact customer service, tell them your problem and make sure you can get it replaced at your nearest local store. They'll leave a note on your account so the store knows you're coming =)

Side note: I'm on my 2nd Pre+ due to 1st one with a blotch (bottom right screen) and the 2nd one doesn't have it. But the volume toggle on the side seems looser (loose for my taste) than the 1st one. My 2 cents? Don't be too anal about it. The Palm representative at the VZW store has loose volume toggle (same as my 2nd one, but it DOESN'T have problems, just the way it is) and she had it longer.
    When I put on polarized sunglasses, I can see dark spots on my screen that look like burns. Has anyone tried this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    When I put on polarized sunglasses, I can see dark spots on my screen that look like burns. Has anyone tried this?
    yes.. last time today a few hours ago :-)

but there is a simple remedy for this one... dont use polarized sunglases
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I feel more comfortable now knowing it's not just me that has this issue..er, had.

I left my pre in the car today while I was in the office, and now it appears the spots are gone. Maybe the cold somehow corrected it?

Mike
    Yup, I just got that same spot on my phone (Top left grey splotch and somewhat at the bottom). So I turned my phone off completey.

I had pulled an all nighter, had the phone plug in and using major functions on the phone. Hopefully this goes away.. I've only had the phone for 3 days now o.o