Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Asked within another thread, but thought I might get more of a response here in its own.

I've heard it said, the build quality of the Pre Plus has 'increased greatly' over the original Pre. Has Palm also carried some of these refinements over to the original model? I would assume they would, since they're so similar.. and I'm sure they'd like to avoid as many product returns as possible. And, if they've found a better way with the Plus, why not apply it to all?

Anyone know for sure if certain things have been 'shored up' on the original Pre the same as they have on the Plus? What's been corrected or made better since original release?
    i believe they have learned their lesson i recently received a refurb and i was pleasantly surprised at how solid it felt
    Don't know still have my orignal Pre, hardware is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Don't know still have my orignal Pre, hardware is fine.
    +1
    What are some excuses I can give sprint into getting another pre without the deductible. I still have my original Pre and i have insurance.
    it would be very unethical to do so if the pre is functioning
    Well im having some issues with my pre like the headset issue. When i call someone sometimes it switches over to headset mode when i dont have one connected and its annoying because i cant talk to people. And also I have a lot of dead pixels and a white cloudish mark on my screen (I've had Dead pixels and white cloudish mark since i got my PRE)
    bump, anyone can help me?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Perhaps you could create your OWN thread instead of jacking this one?
    i guess if you told them it was running really hot theyd swap it out
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    Perhaps you could create your OWN thread instead of jacking this one?
    how bout no, im not really jacking it lol
    I doubt they changed all that much.

It's more likely that people that had the unfortunate luck of getting Pres with bad hardware simply received a good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    What are some excuses I can give sprint into getting another pre without the deductible. I still have my original Pre and i have insurance.
    If you have no issues to complain about, why do you want a new phone? You'll either end up with the same phone or one with issues. What's the upside?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Coo.. just weighing the options of trading my Pixi in (w/in 30 days) for a new Pre. But not if I'm going to be entering a world of hurt hardware-wise. Because the Pixi is solid in that dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    I doubt they changed all that much.

It's more likely that people that had the unfortunate luck of getting Pres with bad hardware simply received a good one.
    this is all you have to do. Call them tell them ur ev in top right isn't there and you receiving alot of drop calls. Then let them trouble shoot it go threw all ttrouble shootn. Which by then they will do a hard reset. Here comes the fun part. They will do all the things they have to do. And presto you have a refurb pre without having to pay a deductible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    If you have no issues to complain about, why do you want a new phone? You'll either end up with the same phone or one with issues. What's the upside?
    if you read my second post you'll see the issues im having with the phone