Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    here is the list of games/prices and download I got with the download patch

    4.99 castle of magic =96
    5.99 lets golf = 9341
    6.99 assasins creed = 6582
    6.99 hero of sparta = 1399
    6.99 avatar = 1360
    4.99 earth worm jim = 1899
    6.99 asphalt = 14273
    5.99 brothers in arms = 5886
    6.99 real soccer = 134
    4.99 real tenis = 1434
    4.99 oregon trail= 6734
    6.99 nfl 2010 = 4927
    6.99 gang star = 4168
    4.99 brain challenge = 1613

    that's all. We just need some one to do the match I'm on my pree
  2. #2  
    Not sure what the point of this post is .... but Palm still gets their cut and they have employees and expenses to pay. Good for them... I hope they sell many thousands more of each!
  3. #3  
    Anyone else find it awesome that Oregon Trail is the 3rd most downloaded?

    I'm from Oregon, so I do!
  4. #4  
    I come up with $386,700.20. Might be a typo or so, I did this quickly on the Windows calculator. Nevertheless, that should be close.

    Seems like a reasonable amount of money considering that the process of porting from iPhone apps is supposed to be pretty quick and easy.

    Edit: At Gameloft's cut, that's $270,690.14. Still seems relatively reasonable.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    that's all. We just need some one to do the match I'm on my pree
    The match huh...

    Lets see...Real Soccer and Real Tenis they kind of match with real in the title. Asphalt and Assassins Creed both start with the letter A.

    Ya. I don't get this tread either.
  6. #6  
    i think he meant "math"
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I come up with $386,700.20. Might be a typo or so, I did this quickly on the Windows calculator. Nevertheless, that should be close.

    Seems like a reasonable amount of money considering that the process of porting from iPhone apps is supposed to be pretty quick and easy.

    Edit: At Gameloft's cut, that's $270,690.14. Still seems relatively reasonable.
    thank you. I wonder how much they get from the I phone probably ten to 20 times more than that
  8. #8  
    I've been actually wanting to know these numbers, just have been to lazy to go get the data. And that amount is for just the first month and a half of sales with still a lot of games to get released. I know it's a lot lower than iphone sales but since they were ported over quickly, I'm sure they are pretty happy with their profits. Plus these numbers are just going to continue to grow as more pres are sold and time passes
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewton540 View Post
    I've been actually wanting to know these numbers, just have been to lazy to go get the data.
    Numbers here, no work needed....Appetite**|**Stuff Your Palm
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    thank you. I wonder how much they get from the I phone probably ten to 20 times more than that
    Makes sense, since there are at least 10 to 20 times as many iPhones out there. But you must understand: Gameloft already spent the big money developing the apps for the iPhone. Porting them to the Pre requires a tiny fraction of the investment, and that's why we're seeing them port so many over...

    Other developers will likely catch on as well. I, for one, am happy to ride Apple's coat tails on this one.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Numbers here, no work needed....Appetite¬*¬*|¬*¬*Stuff Your Palm
    I know how to get the numbers and where, I was just too lazy to go to each gameloft app and calculate the total profit for all of them combined
  12. #12  
    nice! gameloft made over $25 million last year on the iphone, so if they made $270,000 in 1 1/2 months, in 1 year, they'll make at least $2,000,000! thats pretty damn good
  13.    #13  
    funny how need for speed undercover has 30457 downloads. Multiply that by 9.99 and it equals to 304,265.43 dollars. In this case quality seems to be winning.
  14. #14  
    not to mention that R&D and coding was probably mostly spent the under the guise of iPhone development. Porting over to webOS via PDK is just added whip cream to their piece of pie.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    funny how need for speed undercover has 30457 downloads. Multiply that by 9.99 and it equals to 304,265.43 dollars. In this case quality seems to be winning.
    In this case, earliest out the gate seems to be winning. Although I agree its a good game... it was just in that first batch of PDK releases. Same reason Cake Sodoku has mad sales... There were no options.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  16. #16  
    sorry to spoil the party but, the downloads your counting are totals including updates, the actual paid downloads are probably much less.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    sorry to spoil the party but, the downloads your counting are totals including updates, the actual paid downloads are probably much less.
    I guess we need to take the numbers from the website.
  18. #18  
    Excellent! I just Hope and Wish they come out with GT RACING MOTOR ACADEMY!! CMON GAMELOFT!! lol
  19. #19  
    OR NOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sorry, i just got excited

Posting Permissions