Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody worked out or tried to have video ring tones. Just a sudden thought, couldn't find anything here. Any ideas ?
    im not sure i fully understand how a video could be a ringtone
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    lol, I think what the OP wants is the ability to have a video play instead of a song when someone calls
    I know what your talking about. My old old samsung flip phone had that. I downloaded it from sprint too. It's like having the music video play. I had the chorus of a song and it played the exact part on video. That would be cool if my pre could do that too.
    How about pop corn? I want mine to pop corn for a ring tone. With butter preferably.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Or if we can use a video from the videos we record with the new video recorder would be nice to when ever that gets here.
    This seems silly to me. You want to see a video for a few seconds before you touch the screen to answer the call? What is the point of that?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    That'd be great!
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    This seems silly to me. You want to see a video for a few seconds before you touch the screen to answer the call? What is the point of that?
    Yeah, I agree. It's pretty useless IMO. But then again, I don't even like ringtones. My phone goes "ring, ring" and I'm happy with that.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

+1 for the popcorn, only I would like to be able to set different ones for different people. Maybe Coffee for my wife, Bacon for work. It wouldn't even need to really do it, just smell like it. Call it scentones
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    They should make a patch for this
    I see this being just like those annoying people who change their ringtone all the time and purposefully leave it as loud as possible so they can get attention when it goes off.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    Bacon....
    This thread was okay and then you mentioned bacon and it became totally awesome!
    what if someone popped out of the phone and tapped you on your shoulder! That's what I want. Can they make that!
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I want my phone to smell like bacon every time I'm getting a call! Bacon references FTW!!!

Why are you people so ignorant. I would like this feature too. It's really a nice feature, my Sony Ericsson phones had this feature and I used it. If Webos didn't have contact syncing and all of you wanted it and I opposed it you all would castrate me. To me it could be another feature to advertise. A lot of younger people (like myself) would appreciate this.
    Last edited by koolkid09; 02/24/2010 at 05:54 PM.
    Who cares what he requests? There are a lot of patches that seem useless to me but some people have a need for them. I don't go on there and make them feel like crap. You guys take this way to seriously. Calm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    A lot of younger people (like myself) would appreciate this.
    I'm a grumpy old b a s t a r d who can't understand how a video playing on a screen in my pocket (where you can't see it) would enhance the ring tone experience. Something tells me it not just us old people who feel this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I'm a grumpy old b a s t a r d who can't understand how a video playing on a screen in my pocket (where you can't see it) would enhance the ring tone experience. Something tells me it not just us old people who feel this way.
    The whole point of a custom ringtone (typically) is so that you can apply it to a certain contact so that you know who is calling without having to look at the caller-id.

The whole point of having a video as a "ringtone" is...wait...oh, well I guess there isn't a point!

Here's another "old b a s t a r d" (26.4 right now) who doesn't get why the "younger" people don't see how idiotic that would be.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast