Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61
  1. #21  
    simple really us whipper snappers want it to confuse you older folks well thats the only reason i could come up with to want this because i really dont
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I'm a grumpy old b a s t a r d who can't understand how a video playing on a screen in my pocket (where you can't see it) would enhance the ring tone experience. Something tells me it not just us old people who feel this way.
    Ok let me explain to you how it would be useful.

    I have an episode of a tv show (the boondocks). I want to put the theme song as my ringtone. The theme song starts right when the video comes on. So instead of making a ringtone with the song, I can save time by using the video.

    Another example.
    I have a video clip of family guy on my phone. Peter says something funny. I could just use the video as my ringtone or message tone, instead of looking for an audio version of the file.

    Can you see how its useful now?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    simple really us whipper snappers want it to confuse you older folks well thats the only reason i could come up with to want this because i really dont
    Well, you "whipper-snappers" need to learn to use proper grammar...I ran out of breath while reading your post (and I wasn't even reading it out loud!)
  4. #24  
    i dont see how that makes it any easier all it would do is make you search for a video rather than an mp3
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Well, you "whipper-snappers" need to learn to use proper grammar...I ran out of breath while reading your post (and I wasn't even reading it out loud!)
    you must not be on the "internets" much get used to bad grammar
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Ok let me explain to you how it would be useful.

    I have an episode of a tv show (the boondocks). I want to put the theme song as my ringtone. The theme song starts right when the video comes on. So instead of making a ringtone with the song, I can save time by using the video.

    Another example.
    I have a video clip of family guy on my phone. Peter says something funny. I could just use the video as my ringtone or message tone, instead of looking for an audio version of the file.

    Can you see how its useful now?
    I can see how it could be a way to foster laziness! Honestly though, I could "maybe" see how it could be useful to be able to use the AUDIO from a video as a ringtone, but not the actual video portion itself.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    i dont see how that makes it any easier all it would do is make you search for a video rather than an mp3
    But then you have the video already on your phone to watch. And you can hear it a ringtone. There's noting but positives that can come out of this.
  8. #28  
    except for genii who decide to use "pron" as their ringtone i can just see it now
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    you must not be on the "internets" much get used to bad grammar
    Oh, I'm used to it sonny...most people on "professional" websites will automatically dismiss or disregard ideas/comments/suggestions from people like you, simply because if you're too lazy to use something even resembling grammar then chances are you didn't give enough thought to your idea/comment/suggestion.

    This is all my opinion obviously, and your experience may vary.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    except for genii who decide to use "pron" as their ringtone i can just see it now
    Well I cant control what people put on their phones.
  11. #31  
    i would hardly consider a public forum to be a "professional" website though i can accept that it looks as if i do not put much though into my replies when i dont use proper grammar
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I have an episode of a tv show (the boondocks). I want to put the theme song as my ringtone. The theme song starts right when the video comes on. So instead of making a ringtone with the song, I can save time by using the video.
    So you want video ring tones to cut down on the time it takes you to create "regular" ring tones? Do you change them daily or something?

    And here I was thinking that the Hockey Night in Canada ring tone I downloaded in 2002 was a bit of flashy overkill. Guess not.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    though i can accept that it looks as if i do not put much though into my replies when i dont use proper grammar
    That's all I was trying to say. Carry on!
  14. Lobo23's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    This thread was okay and then you mentioned bacon and it became totally awesome!
    hahaha! bacon is awesome!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Ok let me explain to you how it would be useful.

    I have an episode of a tv show (the boondocks). I want to put the theme song as my ringtone. The theme song starts right when the video comes on. So instead of making a ringtone with the song, I can save time by using the video.

    Another example.
    I have a video clip of family guy on my phone. Peter says something funny. I could just use the video as my ringtone or message tone, instead of looking for an audio version of the file.

    Can you see how its useful now?
    How funny can that clip be, that you want to see it every time you get a call? Not only that but you will sit there and just watch it while someone is waiting to talk to you.

    I worked with someone who had the app or whatever for his Iphone. He had a Lil Wayne video come on whenever he got a text, it was annoying and old by the end of the day. He would sit there and watch the clip over and over again. ******* was fired by the end of his probation period.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    So you want video ring tones to cut down on the time it takes you to create "regular" ring tones? Do you change them daily or something?

    And here I was thinking that the Hockey Night in Canada ring tone I downloaded in 2002 was a bit of flashy overkill. Guess not.
    No. Instead of having to put both the video and the ringtone on your phone. you can just put the video on your phone so you can watch it. And use the start of the video as the ringtone. Do you not understand what I'm saying. So if you want to watch it you can. And when someone calls you can listen to it.
  17. #37  
    ^^^So then you delete the video to put other media on the phone and you have to go fix all your ring tones? Sounds like a nightmare.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 02/24/2010 at 06:29 PM.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    ^^^So then you delete the video to put other media on the phone and you have go fix all your ring tones? Sounds like a nightmare.
    What??? I really couldn't understand your post can you type it again please.
  19. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #39  
    <I'm a grumpy old b a s t a r d who can't understand how a video playing on a screen in my pocket (where you can't see it) would enhance the ring tone experience. Something tells me it not just us old people who feel this way. >

    It's fine you feel that way, but why do you feel the need to clutter the thread with such useless A-hole posts?

    If you have nothing helpful to add, just STFU, and move on.

    I think, spoken caller ID, or, the option to play a short video clip, would/could be a neat option for those who would want to use it.

    But, if I felt differently, I wouldn't waste everyone's time, littering the tread by letting people know I thought it was stupid idea, cause, well, that would be anti-social, and rude.


    ....to each his own, you know?

    P.S. - I'm an old bas tard of 53 years, but I really try not to act like a jerk around here. (It would be too easy, like shooting fish in a barrel... ;-)
    Last edited by ToddK; 02/24/2010 at 06:30 PM.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by faderrific View Post
    How funny can that clip be, that you want to see it every time you get a call? Not only that but you will sit there and just watch it while someone is waiting to talk to you.

    I worked with someone who had the app or whatever for his Iphone. He had a Lil Wayne video come on whenever he got a text, it was annoying and old by the end of the day. He would sit there and watch the clip over and over again. ******* was fired by the end of his probation period.
    How good can a song be that you would want to have it as a ringtone? And it's his phone and he can do whatever he wants to do with it. If that wasn't allowed at his job then he deserved to get fired.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions