1.    #1  
    I'm not sure if this the right place but here goes. I dropped my pre( I know I know what a bad pre owner I am) evrything works but I don't like the chip that it put in the housing. Does anyone know if the dummy phone housing will work to swap out. I know I have to use my internals. I did this with a 755p just because I wanted a red one but I haven't looked at the pre dummies yet to see if they would work.
    Are you going to go steal one from a display or something? LOL
    you can not do this.. if the chip is on the screen side, as the screen is "part" of the front housing, if you fiddle with it , you wont have a screen. i havent taken my dummy apart to check to see if the backside is usable
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Are you going to go steal one from a display or something? LOL
    Ebay....plenty to be had for a low low price.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post

Those are all the ones the thieves thought were working phones. Now they are selling them on Ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    I never would've known, never actually shopped for a dummy phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I never would've known, never actually shopped for a dummy phone.
    Thats because people rarely do... every carrier i worked for has always received dummies for no charge... and even if you needed a replacement they will send it at no cost... but unfortunately the quote underneath is correct... i can tell you stories about how people get real phones for dummies but i digress....
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Those are all the ones the thieves thought were working phones. Now they are selling them on Ebay.