1.    #1  
    i recently was givin a palm pre from my pawn broker buddy and cant get passed the needed passcode that the previous owner had set. i broke my blackberry and have not had a phone for a week and need anyones help desperatly please!
    Use WebOS Doctor to reimage the phone. You'll need to get it set up with the carrier as well.

http://www.precentral.net/webos-doct...e-sprint-users
    yep because im guessing that if its locked its not in developer mode which would have made it possible to bypass the pin lock
    I can't imagine that it will work even if you get by the lock screen. It has most likely been deactivated...and I am surprised that you are not looking at a profile creation screen...or the profile login failed screen. Lock screen? Sounds somewhat odd.

If it's a legally acquired phone, take it to Sprint or Verizon (depending on the type) and have them activate it. They can reinitialize it there. That's the only way it's going to work for you. WebOSDoctor is not getting it running without a carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    I can't imagine that it will work even if you get by the lock screen. It has most likely been deactivated...and I am surprised that you are not looking at a profile creation screen...or the profile login failed screen. Lock screen? Sounds somewhat odd.

If it's a legally acquired phone, take it to Sprint or Verizon (depending on the type) and have them activate it. They can reinitialize it there. That's the only way it's going to work for you. WebOSDoctor is not getting it running without a carrier.
    who said he's from the US, he may have a GSM vers