1.    #1  
    Five out of ten times when I make a call or receive a call I have lots of static in the line to the point that I canít heard anything & I have to hung up. Any suggestions to correct the problem?
    Have you checked your reception level at the time of the static? Was it 5 bars on Ev, 3 bars on 1x?
    I rarely get static on my pre, yesterday I was talking to a friend with an iphone and it sounded horrible, I don't know if it was at&t or his phone.
  4.    #4  
    I will pay attention to my reception level at the time of the static ď next time ď & I will let you know & thanks for the quick response.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I rarely get static on my pre, yesterday I was talking to a friend with an iphone and it sounded horrible, I don't know if it was at&t or his phone.
    i thought it was my area cuz i had that a couple of times already.. i just end the call and dial again... now i'm realizing is a phone issue!!

anyone else?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have a problem of everyone always saying "What". I am exchanging phone tomorrow. Everyone says I sound muffled or they just can't hear me.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I read in past in Palm Forum that buzzing only happened when using Palm Pre on 2G Network coz it's not tested on 2G networks and because palm pre is a 3G device. When using Pre on 3G network there is no buzzing ... I have a GSM Pre and im using it on 2G Network and it buzzing when in call.
    i've lately been getting a sort of "clicking" almost like the volume is being shut off and on/ or muted off and on... weird.
    My wife and I have both been having trouble with a static that happens only when we're talking. It is a very quick static interruption during parts of our own speech.

In other words, if I call someone and let them do all of the talking, everything is crystal clear. As soon as I open my mouth to say a word, the static plays in my earpiece.

We have 5-bars reception at home and have the problem on two Palm Pres. My wife even had hers exchanged for a new one: no improvement.

I've been a Palm Treo 650 and 750 user and stood in line on release day to get a Pre. I am Sprint premier with over 10 years as a customer. Despite all of that, I've decided that I will pay to get out of my contract as soon as the new iphone drops.