Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I love how fast and cool the App works. But it can be way better. It needs Chat, Walls, NOTIFICATIONS!!
    Live the Pre life.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    There's a different subforum for web os apps. Yes I feel your pain though, the app sucks.
  3.    #3  
    I think the App is awesome and fast! But it needs more things before you call it a true palm Facebook app..
    Live the Pre life.
    if we can get "touchfacebook (dot com)" as an actual app without the browser, id be a lot happier.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I use Friendsbook. It's a little slow with updating the news feeds but it has very powerful features. Also can't search friends only scroll through them. If they'd add notifications and friend search, I'd be one cool cat.
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    I'd really like to see the ability to post links the way the desktop version does. I also like the ability to delete comments. And yes, notifications!

In my opinion, the MySpace Mobile site is designed a whole lot better than either the mobile FB site or Palm FB app.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 02/24/2010 at 03:20 PM.
    As well as facebook chat! The chat support with the messaging plugins is still a little sketchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    Now that is truly sad
    Still just using facebook.com (not the mobile site)
    I find that x.facebook.com works fantastic on the Pre.

BUT, I am jealous that the masses can update with their BB and iPhone and the update say updated from my BB or iPhone.

This would be some good PRPRPR $to$ $update$ $my$ $status$ $from$ $my$ $Pre$.
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    I find that x.facebook.com works fantastic on the Pre.

BUT, I am jealous that the masses can update with their BB and iPhone and the update say updated from my BB or iPhone.

This would be some good PRPRPR $to$ $update$ $my$ $status$ $from$ $my$ $Pre$.
    If you use the Palm app it does do that.
    I wish facebook worked like myspace does on the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    If you use the Palm app it does do that.
    Holy Cow. It didn't do that when I first used it. It used to be that the update looked as if I did it from my computer.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I always got the impression that Palm was going to tightly integrate the facebook experience into WebOS (fb chat in messeging, allowing a fb inbox with general email, etc) which helped explain the bare-bones FB app.

Who knows, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I always got the impression that Palm was going to tightly integrate the facebook experience into WebOS (fb chat in messeging, allowing a fb inbox with general email, etc) which helped explain the bare-bones FB app.

Who knows, really.
    that seems about right... and hopefully it comes true!
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Agreed, Palm needs to move the ball forward with the Facebook functionality, one way or another. I use the Palm Facebook app mostly because I like the look the best of all the options and it actually does most of what I like to do (access my live feed). I also really like how you can view newly posted photos using an interface like the native photo viewer (MUCH better than x.facebook.com). Unfortunately, lately, the photoviewing from the Facebook app has been flakey-- sometimes the album doesn't load, sometimes, the thumbnail photo never gets replaced with a higher resolution photo. Anyone else notice this? It's kind of like the best feature of the app...
    Last edited by sbono13; 02/24/2010 at 04:19 PM.
    I hope it gets updated when 1.4 hits, like when it came with 1.3.1 launch. Hoping more integrated Facebook features in the next WebOS version. Maybe we will get an update to Youtube app as well in 1.4 considering the video upload integration.
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    Holy Cow. It didn't do that when I first used it. It used to be that the update looked as if I did it from my computer.

Thanks.
    I remember it doing that from the beginning. Here is the application link too.

Facebook for Palm | Facebook
    How is it Palm's responsibility for a Facebook app? They did put one out (very dry) but it feels like they just threw something together to simmer down the masses but it should be up to a third-party developer to create one.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Ultimately everything related to webOS is the responsibility of Palm. I'm certain they have a lot of enfluence in making things happen. They have to do what it takes to keep people happy and attract new customers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast