Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    please explain... your comp is notifying you??? if it is... wait a few mins fr the installation to complete... if this is not what you are talking about, than please provide more info
    Unable to connect to Novacom. Check driver is running.
    Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

*** Things to try ***
    *** Disable your firewall and try again.

*** Ensure your Pre is connected and running in DEV mode. (webos20090606)

*** Check Palm Pre is connected in "Just Charge" mode.

*** Ensure the 'Palm Novacom' Service is running.

*** Disconnect your Palm Pre and restart your computer, connect your Palm Pre back to the computer and wait for it to say charging then try again.
    just for Sh!ts and giggles ... can you put your pre in USB mode?
    I always have the same problem with wosqi not recognizing my pre. Usually I plug/unplug and click the novacom button until it works. Try messing around with that trying stuff out in a different order and if after 5-10 mins of fussing around it still doesn't work it's probably a more complicated problem
    Has anyone ever made a youtube video of this operation in a step by step demo? That way, folks could actually see EXACTLY how each step is performed and what is displayed on the computer and phone screens.

Then, folks can point out (when there is a problem) "I have all things exactly the same up to 8:17 seconds on the video. After that, my screen differs by ________ from the one shown."

Just a thought.
    novacomd.exe is running in the process list?
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Make sure that "Device to use" is set to USB Device. WOSQI defaults to emulator.

Find this option by navigating to File > Options
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Has anyone ever made a youtube video of this operation in a step by step demo? That way, folks could actually see EXACTLY how each step is performed and what is displayed on the computer and phone screens.

Then, folks can point out (when there is a problem) "I have all things exactly the same up to 8:17 seconds on the video. After that, my screen differs by ________ from the one shown."

Just a thought.
    Like this?
  8.    #28  
    Yep and Media Sync too with zero issues
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    novacomd.exe is running in the process list?
    Actually No
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Like this?
    That's excellent. Thanks.

It showed a lot, but perhaps not the entire thing. Such as: Getting the Pre into Dev mode, the connection to the computer and where on the Pre you select Just Charge, etc.

I know that is very basic stuff to most, but if you mess up on tose steps, the rest won't work. Thus, I am suggesting a comprehensive vido showing all phases. That same video can be used as a step in the process, so no need to duplicate it.
  10.    #30  
    What's funnny is I've read up on how to install on these forums, and I watched that video when I bought buy Pre. I'm thinking about trying on a friend's CPU or something
    Quote Originally Posted by cdp39940 View Post
    I'm thinking about trying on a friend's CPU or something
    This might not be a bad idea... I had problems with the Pre on one of my computers but when I plugged it into my laptop, everything worked. It could be an issue with your PC.... just a suggestion....
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    This might not be a bad idea... I had problems with the Pre on one of my computers but when I plugged it into my laptop, everything worked. It could be an issue with your PC.... just a suggestion....
    I have a laptop, that's why I want to try another computer, whether Desktop or Laptop
    I have a laptop, that's why I want to try another computer, whether Desktop or Laptop
    Is your pre in developer mode?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    No one has mentioned this. But on my PC this was an issue, not just with the pre, but with my zune, and several other peripherals. If you computer is not a laptop, plug it into a REAR USB port, not the ones on the front of your case. For whatever reason, I cannot use my front USB ports for anything 'advanced'...joysticks work. I know of a few people who have had this issue, so i'm positive it wasn't just a one off. So this would be my suggestion if you have tried all the others. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    No one has mentioned this. But on my PC this was an issue, not just with the pre, but with my zune, and several other peripherals. If you computer is not a laptop, plug it into a REAR USB port, not the ones on the front of your case. For whatever reason, I cannot use my front USB ports for anything 'advanced'...joysticks work. I know of a few people who have had this issue, so i'm positive it wasn't just a one off. So this would be my suggestion if you have tried all the others. Hope this helps.
    i was thinking this btw... but ive never seen anyone else ever suggest it ... EVER for ANYTHING... glad im not the only one
    i was thinking this btw... but ive never seen anyone else ever suggest it ... EVER for ANYTHING... glad im not the only one
    This simple fix has solved many a problems for me and some of my not-so-tech-inclined friends. It has something to do with the way the front ports communicate with the mobo, whereas the REAR ports are built into the mobo. Not sure of a way to fix this, have seen it on, several HPs, 2 Dells, and just about every homebuilt i've ever had. My computer is set up to make the rear ports more accessible, so I don't have to move the case everytime I plug in my pre, or what have you.

This is a suggestion I have for anyone having any connectivity problems, with any usb device.
  17.    #37  
    Well guys I'm on a laptop
    Well guys I'm on a laptop
    Make sure to update Java.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    You may want to delete WOSQI & WOSDOCTOR & reinstall them. I had the same problem last week & this worked for me.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Did you install Package Service Manager?

Preware can't run without it!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast