1.    #1  
    When I try installing, it won't work. I tried installing it through Preware and it said to look at the log. I look at the log and it says something about not being able to access the 'install' file.

No clue what that means.

But even regardless, I have a PIN and I set it to unlock every 30 mins. But whenever my display DOES turn off (after 15 seconds), that stupid annoying piece of **** yellow 'drag unlock icon' shows up and I have to drag it! SO ANNOYING! please helppppp!
    you can't turn that off from the palm pre. at least, not that I know of.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    But even regardless, I have a PIN and I set it to unlock every 30 mins. But whenever my display DOES turn off (after 15 seconds), that stupid annoying piece of **** yellow 'drag unlock icon' shows up and I have to drag it! SO ANNOYING! please helppppp!
    You can't turn that off. It's a touch screen phone, screen has to lock to prevent the kind of things that can go on when a touch screen phone doesn't have a locked screen.

You can set the delay to be 3 minutes rather than 30 seconds.
    The yellow drag screen is not the PIN screen, just fyi, so it doesn't quite make sense for that patch to pass that.

Also this has been asked quite a lot.

The only way I've found to do it is to put it on a touchstone and pick it up.
  5.    #5  
    Oh I've always thought the yellow drag screen is the PIN screen. I've set my pin to a certain number, and sure, it bypasses that, but the yellow icon is still there.

I also turned OFF the Secure Lock figuring it would solve the issue.

But the bigger question is, why can't I turn off the yellow icon drag?? And if you say I should make it a 3 minute delay, meaning it would take 3 minutes until the display turns off, wouldn't that drain the battery?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Here's the situation-- you have the phone in your pocket or bag, and you somehow hit the on/off button.

Without the "slide to unlock" feature, you run the risk that every time the phone moves, it's sending inputs into the screen. Delete all your photos? Sure! Forward emails from your mistress to your girlfriend? Why not!

Yes, the Pre is much less likely to have this issue than something requiring a stylus, but they're protecting you from the worst-case scenario here.

If you absolutely hate it, you can bypass it (without patches) by popping open the slider instead of using the on button.