1.    #1  
    tryn to download 4x4 patches even the 5x5 and keeps giving me a ipk error did epr all the doctorn and still can't getm anybody kno y?:-(
    You will have to provide the IPKG error log for anyone to have any idea.
    Do you have a strong data connection?
  4.    #4  
    my data connection is all there. And the error is long says uninstall then a how bunch of other crap did all the uninstalln and still no work
    hmm I just installed the 4x4 this morning and while it seemed a little slow to install even over wifi it was still successful... I know it's obvious but have you tried resetting your phone? I've had problems in the past installing patches and all I did to fix it is a quick reset. I see you doctered your phone but it's worth a shot.
  6.    #6  
    imma give that a try. Thanx
    I am having this same problem. Getting an error trying to install 4x4 V3. Tried to reboot. No go. Don't know what to do

Any ideas?
    There is no spoon
    again, we need to see the ipkg error log, just saying it says a bunch of crap isn't enough, "that crap" is important crap for us trying to help ;-).

Do this, try installing the patch again. When it fails plug your pre into your pc via usb. In the root directory is an install log file that contains all your ipkg logs. Scroll to the very end of the file and you will see the error log for the patch install.

Copy and paste that to this thread and we might be able to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    again, we need to see the ipkg error log, just saying it says a bunch of crap isn't enough, "that crap" is important crap for us trying to help ;-).

Do this, try installing the patch again. When it fails plug your pre into your pc via usb. In the root directory is an install log file that contains all your ipkg logs. Scroll to the very end of the file and you will see the error log for the patch install.

Copy and paste that to this thread and we might be able to help.
    Sorry. I never said anything about a bunch of crap though. Anyway, I am definitely not at the root level and don't know how to get to the root directory. I know how to take a screenshot but it seems that the ipkg log uses a lot more space than just the screen size. How do I show you the entire log?
    There is no spoon