Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LG Envy touch. Anyone who is intimidated by smartphones should pick this one up. It does a good job at communication and the keyboard and call quality is great. if you don't like the complexity of the pre, the droid is a step in the wrong direction
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i read posts like the original and think it is a wonderful thing that i do not have to shop for furniture with them...

it's your phone need, it's your money - what exactly do you expect a bunch of folks using pre's to say? honestly (really, honestly...) i don't get it.
    because if you don't keep youe Pre an angel won't get his wings.....
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Well, geeze, just looking for some advice, and I get jumped on. I expected some comparisons, some opinions of what they like and don't like about the phone. I am not "intimidated" by a smart phone.

I still use a Palm TX for medical stuff, and was planning to use the Pre for everything. The Verizon salesperson, as has been mentioned before, was not enthusiastic, but I like Palm and wanted to go that route. Now I am trying to get it to work the way I want.

Tarhead, what does furniture shopping have to do with anythin?

If you have no actual advice then don't bother answering.
    Why should you keep your Pre?

Because I just bought a hundred shares of PALM stock and I need all the help I can get.
    In all sincerity if a phone and pager are your two biggest requirements you should not have a Pre or a Droid -- these are way overkill.

The reason you got jumped on was you come to a board where "features" is the name of the game -- the more the better, and you name two features that everyone takes for granted.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    Well, geeze, just looking for some advice, and I get jumped on. I expected some comparisons, some opinions of what they like and don't like about the phone. I am not "intimidated" by a smart phone.
    but, you already have the phone. why don't you use your opinions to justify if you should keep it or not.

he means you'd probably endlessly query strangers for their opinions instead of finding something you like and it would be a very long day.

whoopsie.
    Because if you dont keep it, Jon Rubinstein will smite thee.
    tell me why should i jump off a cliff? .... ok u should cuz i did it and the adrenaline feels great, besides i survived the fall (ok ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pufff) waaaaaaaait i forgot to tell u it was in a dream that i did that.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fortes89 View Post
    tell me why should i jump off a cliff? .... ok u should cuz i did it and the adrenaline feels great, besides i survived the fall (ok ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pufff) waaaaaaaait i forgot to tell u it was in a dream that i did that.
    Is this how you usually talk to someone you don't even know? Does your mother approve?

I still use a Palm TX for medical stuff, and was planning to use the Pre for everything. The Verizon salesperson, as has been mentioned before, was not enthusiastic, but I like Palm and wanted to go that route. Now I am trying to get it to work the way I want.

well I think that you should keep your pre due to I had about 4 guys that I know that got the pre then jump ship to the driod,and guess what they all came back to our platform due to the true multitasking which all four agreed that they missed so much.check out other forums here and you wll find other people that left out platform and came back to home and feel great about it........you can leave if you want,but you will be back lol most of them do.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Menace, thank you. Now THAT is what I am talking about.
  13. dirtaymcgirt
    bro take my word for it. i was SPLIT completely split between the droid and the pre plus. i knew i was going to get one of them i just could not decide. i watched videos on youtube literally for hours on end because i couldnt leave my house due to this ankle bracelet the court put on me (**** them). but besides the point, i finally was able to go and play with them by saying i was going in for a urin analysis and low and behold the palm pre plus was just incredible. so fluid and user friendly and intuitive. its like comparing my macbook to a pc laptop. so much better. vibrant and bouncy and finger friendly. the droid sucks knob. its big, bulky, and it looks like a homeless guy. i mean look at the main screen etc. just plain. the pre plus is the way to go. trust and believe broski. and now with the 1.4 coming out its going to be even more incredible. now go kiss and make up with your pre for even contemplating getting rid of it. smoochy smoochy
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtaymcgirt View Post
    vibrant and bouncy and finger friendly.
    Sounds like a girl I once knew.

(did I just fine a line and cross it?)

I personally think you should wait for the Nexus one as well if you were going to go Android. Personally, I would much rather have the Pre for its multi-tasking and over fluidity of its operating system. But, unless you're feeling a keyboard, there is almost no reason to get a droid over a Nexus One. Can't comment on the vibrate on the vibrate on anything but the Pre, but it is pretty weak I gotta say. I use it as a "pager" for work too, and I end up leaving the sound on half the time.
    It works all the time. It does not crash or freeze up. It does not have all these glitches that need patching. It just works very well all of the time.
    Wait for Hero 2 (legend) or wait for the supersonic. Better apps and more poweful, better camera, voice control, etc.. I am waiting for the SS then good bye pre.
    You shouldn't keep the pre. You need to send it to me. Now!!!!
    Menace, thank you. Now THAT is what I am talking about.
    Thanks can be found on the right.....lol j/k
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I think the dude is just looking for pros and cons, comparison between droid and pre.

all I have to say is Look thru the forums, read reviews online, do your own research like we all did before choosing the Pre.

or if you don't want to do all that then go ahead and buy the droid because if you are not going to do ur own research then I don't want to see dumb threads like this from you ever again
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast