Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I now keep epocrates open at all times when I am at school
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    None....when i do apps its usually RadioTime/Facebook
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I open continuously: E-Mail, Twitter & Messaging.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    none
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Every morning I open Email, Agenda (awesome program!!) and Messaging. At work I usually have Pandora or Slacker open.
    I was keeping SMS, agenda, email, and quickdial open but randomly for 2 days I kept nothing open and am getting great battery life. Not sure if its just placebo but as of now...none
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Haha it's fun to see how different people are with their phones. A lot of times I forget that I even have artwork behind the cards since I never see it. I'm toying with the idea of getting Clear Card, but I can't decide if it'll look weird seeing the edges of two open apps on both sides of the clear card...
    I was very skeptical of Clear Card when it was released, but the free trial convinced me of its usefulness. I keep it open at work because my Pre sits on a touchstone right by my keyboard. My order of cards is usually Clear Card | Messaging | Tweed/E-mail | Web. I agree that Clear Card looks weird with the edges of open apps on both sides, but it looks pretty good if Clear Card is either the first or last card in the row.
    Doesn't look like anyone mentioned it but I seem to get somewhat better battery life if I leave all cards closed, anyone else find this?
    Updates!

Nah, just kidding
    Email and Messaging for me.
    Actually I meant to ask you guys...Does keeping cards open detroy battery life?????
    I usually keep phone, messaging, email & sometimes the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
    Actually I meant to ask you guys...Does keeping cards open detroy battery life?????
    I have found the exact opposite to be true...I think that launching the applications requires more processing power (battery life follows this) than simply keeping the card minimized. Most apps (good ones at least) essentially pause when they are minimized, so there is almost no processing power being used. I would say I get at least 10% more battery life out of leaving cards open, but that is just a feeling, not based on data.

Update: I left Epocrates, ClearCard, and Wapedia open for an hour on my phone this morning without using it at all. It was 100% when i opened them. When i turned it on an hour later, my battery was at 98%...
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Calendar, email, WeatherBug (at least with all the alerts we have had on the east coast).

When I am at work, I also have Scientific RPN calculator and Classic with a medical drug database open.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    When you keep Preware open, do the feeds update every so often or do you have to manually click a button to update? Never thought about keeping Preware open all the time...
    preware has an update daily option but I like to update it more often so I just do it manually. Been thinking of grabbing it's rss feeds and using an app like newsroom so I'll know when the updates are live.

both the web and preware are kinda memory hogs so I have to wait a few minutes after I close them for them to clear the ram and I can play a 3d game. But I've not noticed any apparent effect on battery life.
    I keep email, calendar, clearcard, and sometimes messaging. I've gotten used to flipping to clearcard so I can see the great wallpapers from Switcheroo.

On a related note: does JSTop need to be open for regular garbage collection? If so, I'll start keeping it open as well.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I keep email, calendar, clearcard, and sometimes messaging. I've gotten used to flipping to clearcard so I can see the great wallpapers from Switcheroo.

On a related note: does JSTop need to be open for regular garbage collection? If so, I'll start keeping it open as well.
    Maybe I'm too lazy to research this, I don't know, but:

1. How does switcheroo affect battery life?

2. What is JSTop?
    Maybe I'm too lazy to research this, I don't know, but:

1. How does switcheroo affect battery life?

2. What is JSTop?
    1. Wallpaper Switcheroo (for any who don't know): automagically pulls wallpapers from the Interwebs, and changes your wallpaper on a scheduled basis. I switch every hour - it's great & I haven't noticed any battery issue.

2. JSTop: gives you info about running programs, & can manually (or on a regular basis with the current version) do a garbage collection to free up memory. Don't know if it works in backround, though.
  18.    #38  
    What garbage does JSTop collect? Shoot I'll just look it up...
    i keep 0 apps oppen... while driving the radio is on, but as soon as i get off the car i toss the card away...and while im working i keep the track my work app open.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12