Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    I replaced my device yesterday, and everything transferred over except the apps I downloaded from the App Catalog.

Is there a way to get these back? One of the apps I paid for.

Thanks for any help....

Note: I have no preware or patches installed by the way if that helps.
    I noticed that my Palm Profile did not restore the apps I expected it to when I restored my Pre today. It restored old ones that I deleted ages ago, even though I know for certain that I backed up since then.

Very odd. I can't help you I'm afraid, Doug - it would be worth calling Palm and telling them about the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    I replaced my device yesterday, and everything transferred over except the apps I downloaded from the App Catalog.

Is there a way to get these back? One of the apps I paid for.

Thanks for any help....

Note: I have no preware or patches installed by the way if that helps.
    Due not that the apps are redownloaded AFTER the restart from sign into palm profile. The homebrew apps will not come back naturally since Palm does not log those on your device. Now another thing is if the apps you downloaded were free at the time but now is a paid version in the app catalog your gonna get the icon in the launch with a caution icon over it. Will have to pay to get them if this fits the criteria. Otherwise make sure you have plenty of free USB space on the device, partial erase the device and try again.
    I had a few apps i bought disappear after a phone replacement...but when i went to buy one of them again..it let me download it for free....did you try and re-download them?
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Thanks for the helpful replies

Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I noticed that my Palm Profile did not restore the apps I expected it to when I restored my Pre today. It restored old ones that I deleted ages ago, even though I know for certain that I backed up since then.

Very odd. I can't help you I'm afraid, Doug - it would be worth calling Palm and telling them about the situation.
    That's pretty odd....I wonder if apps backup differently than stored data like contacts and calendar entries

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Due not that the apps are redownloaded AFTER the restart from sign into palm profile. The homebrew apps will not come back naturally since Palm does not log those on your device. Now another thing is if the apps you downloaded were free at the time but now is a paid version in the app catalog your gonna get the icon in the launch with a caution icon over it. Will have to pay to get them if this fits the criteria. Otherwise make sure you have plenty of free USB space on the device, partial erase the device and try again.
    I didn't do a Homebrew yet until 1.4 releases, so no concern there....but none of the apps were there. I'm going to take Jeff's advise and redownload before I do a partial reset....

Quote Originally Posted by jeffinrivercity View Post
    I had a few apps i bought disappear after a phone replacement...but when i went to buy one of them again..it let me download it for free....did you try and re-download them?
    The app I bought is indeed a free download thank you. The redownload was fine....thankfully I didn't have a lot of apps to begin with.