Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I just got my Palm Pre Plus last week and would like to start into some homebrew apps but should I just wait for 1.4 to be released so I don't have to deal with unpatching the patches? Or do I not get it?
    Homebrew apps = go for it!

Patches = wait till 1.4 (And that is just my recommendation, not based on any knowledge of issues with 1.4. I actually have patches and will rely on AUPT to do its magical thing!)
    For patch worries, read this front page article:
    http://www.precentral.net/what-expect-aupt-and-webos-14

For apps, just go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by foush View Post
    I just got my Palm Pre Plus last week and would like to start into some homebrew apps but should I just wait for 1.4 to be released so I don't have to deal with unpatching the patches? Or do I not get it?
    From what I understand, the patches will NOT need to be "uninstalled". However, with the update so imminent, I too am waiting until after 1.4.

But, to be clear, you will ONLY have to undo THEMES with future updates...not apps and patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    For patch worries, read this front page article:
    http://www.precentral.net/what-expect-aupt-and-webos-14

For apps, just go for it.
    Go for it all. It should be no issue. The only things you might want to stay away from until after the update are the V. keyboard, Video Camera and any tether program/patch. The aupt should take care of any patches.

The last time I did an update, I did it before I removed any patches. And then everything on the phone worked fine. I only had to reinstall a few of the patches. Now with AUPT, why should anyone worry?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be playing with Homebrew stuff tonight. Sounds like fun!
    so uninstall v.keyboard? And camcorder
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreboss View Post
    so uninstall v.keyboard? And camcorder
    I would suggest that you remove those two prior to the update.
    I agree with what was suggested above. Go ahead and grab the apps! As far as patches go - I'd probably wait the extra day or two for the update as 1.4 may address some of the areas we are currently patching. Either way, you really can't go wrong
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I love Buckaroo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by foush View Post
    I love Buckaroo!!!
    He is the world's greatest genius.