1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a good mileage tracking app that may even upload to a csv format file
    I use fuelly.com (not an app) to track my gas mileage and other info on my own car. They even have a very simple mobile site to enter information on the road from a smartphone.

You can see an example of my info at the link below.

(Audi S4) | Fuelly
    Have you tried the mileage monitor app in the catalog, I've been using it and its very useful. Don't know about the uploading the csv file though. http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...ileage-monitor
  4.    #4  
    I will look into those - I'm really looking to track my miles for submitting at work not the gas mileage for my car. Used to use Hands High's trip reporter on my centro and need to replace it with something for my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanno View Post
    I will look into those - I'm really looking to track my miles for submitting at work not the gas mileage for my car. Used to use Hands High's trip reporter on my centro and need to replace it with something for my pre
    There is an app called "Myles" that you may want to look at.
    http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/app-catalog/myles

Myles allows you to record beginning and ending vehicle trip mileage for business expense or IRS tax purposes. In addition to the mileage, you can record purpose, destination, and notes about the trip. You can also set user-configurable categories and vehicles. Export your data by email in a CSV format for import into a spreadsheet for record keeping, formatting and printing.
    mileage monitor is a nice app, but it lacks two very basic features..

1. the ability to export and import data

2. when filling in gas information, instead of putting in the price, you should be able to put in the price per gallon and then put in the number of gallons filled. that way you don't have to wait for the price to finish and it saves some time so you can actually pay the guy without fumbling with your phone. (in NJ you can't pump your own gas)
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post

2. when filling in gas information, instead of putting in the price, you should be able to put in the price per gallon and then put in the number of gallons filled. that way you don't have to wait for the price to finish and it saves some time so you can actually pay the guy without fumbling with your phone. (in NJ you can't pump your own gas)
    If Mileage Monitor were to add import/export, I would be happy to buy the app. As it is, it is a great free app.

I also agree with your second point. That would be a great convenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post

1. Fuelly.com lets you import and export CSV files.

2. The site specifically asks for the gallons and price/gallon. It calculates the total cost based on those numbers.

A big benefit to myself is that the data is online, not just housed on the Pre. This makes it easy to view/add data on a PC and my phone.

It may sound like I'm really trying to push fuelly.com but I'm only sharing that I really like the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I use fuelly.com (not an app) to track my gas mileage and other info on my own car. They even have a very simple mobile site to enter information on the road from a smartphone.

You can see an example of my info at the link below.

(Audi S4) | Fuelly
    fuelly is awesome, i just got rid of mileage moniter. its really cool site, only bad thing is they dont have a webOS app or even mention webOS in their development blog. only iPhone, blackberry and android..

still works great on my pre tho, i just added it to launcher.

lol its not a cool car, but i love it. http://www.fuelly.com/driver/badjokes/contour
    Last edited by badjokes; 02/24/2010 at 12:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have to second the Fuelly.com mobile site. I've been using it for over a year (previously on my 755p), and love it.
    Tried the app called 'Fuel'?

It does import/export that is google docs powered, allows you to enter the fuel octane and volume, then price per volume so it calcualtes the total.

It also allows you to record the gps location of the station of fillup, gives you averages, etc etc.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    you can use the google docs spreadsheet. works great using the browser
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Thanks, this is perfect. Now I don't have to worry about losing my fuel data after a Dr session. I was using Mileage monitor, but losing your data is not cool...
  14.    #14  
    do you know how to easily import as a spreddsheet - having a little trouble with that part of Myles. The app works great for my needs though - I don't track mps just miles traveled for work. But the import into a format that is usable is important and running into a glitch on the how.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    How about Fuel. It is in the App catalog, is free and uploads/downloads from google docs. I like it.