1.    #1  
    I got my replacement Pre today - man I had no idea what I was missing. With my original Pre the slider was so stiff it felt like it was scraping up and down the mechanism every time I opened it. My friends used to say "I can't open it" and give it back to me to open before they could play with it.

Well, this new Pre... wow. It glides. With just a little pressure from one thumb I can flip it open - before I had to use two thumbs placed at either side of the bottom lip of the phone. I kinda just figured that's how everyone did it.

Anyway, very pleased. It's also free from dead pixels and light-leaking, both of which my first Pre suffered from.

Good job Palm (and awesome next-day-delivery from O2)
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Nice one! Just hope that the new 'free' movement doesn't grow into a full blown Oreo Effect.

Interesting you got yours replaced from O2. I'm on my third replacement from O2 and still have Oreo, then O2 repair centre fixed it (diagnosing it as a known fault) but now Oreo has returned. O2 will not exchange it and only offer the repair service - again. I spoke to Palm yesterday and they offered to fix it but it has to be sent, at my cost - this is not what a warranty entails in my opinion!

What made you go to O2 and not Palm? There was a chap on here who was getting his Pre looked at by Palm but I cannot locate the post to see how he got on.

Congrats again, fingers crossed for no Oreo...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    What's the quickest way to get a new one off o2? My pre has a horrid slider, oreo and the battery bug where shutting too hard it turns it off, but I don't want to go 2 weeks without a phone :F
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Nice one! Just hope that the new 'free' movement doesn't grow into a full blown Oreo Effect.

Interesting you got yours replaced from O2. I'm on my third replacement from O2 and still have Oreo, then O2 repair centre fixed it (diagnosing it as a known fault) but now Oreo has returned. O2 will not exchange it and only offer the repair service - again. I spoke to Palm yesterday and they offered to fix it but it has to be sent, at my cost - this is not what a warranty entails in my opinion!

What made you go to O2 and not Palm? There was a chap on here who was getting his Pre looked at by Palm but I cannot locate the post to see how he got on.

Congrats again, fingers crossed for no Oreo...
    Well I pay a premium for O2 insurance, so they offer next day delivery of a new handset. It's a lot of money over 2 years, but this is exactly the kind of scenario that makes me glad I pay it. Honestly, I didn't want to have to go through the process of sending it to Palm, claiming on manufacturer warranties always seems to take so long.

I have never seen the Oreo effect (my first device was solid as a rock when 'twisting' it). I only hope my new Pre hasn't got it... seems okay at the moment. Sucks that you're on your 3rd repair though ... we do pay a lot of money for these devices, they shouldn't have such basic problems. Good luck in future anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    What's the quickest way to get a new one off o2? My pre has a horrid slider, oreo and the battery bug where shutting too hard it turns it off, but I don't want to go 2 weeks without a phone :F
    I guess the fastest way is by claiming on the insurance - they offer next day delivery of a new handset for that. But if you don't have insurance I think you have no choice but to claim on the manufacturer's warranty... sorry mate