Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    The outgoing audio on my car kit is terrible. It sounds like I am in a wind tunnel. Kind of like a background howl. I had the same problem with my Palm Treo 680, until I worked out I could attenuate the mic by hitting the volume on the phone whilst on air.

Is there a way I can adjust the bluetooth mic gain on my Palm Pre?
    Do you mean you are getting audio feedback? Maybe its the mic placement relative to your speakers or that the speaker volume is too loud?

I have a CK3100 that works great. I've assumed that the bluetooth input properties are more a function of the kit than the phone.

Tim
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I've thought about mic placement, but I guess that doesn't explain the good performance with my previous phone.

Parrot just replied to tell me that the kit is only compatible with palm pre if I used the blue control pad and update firmware. Unfortunately I use steering wheel control buttons.

I don't think I'm the only one in this boat - steering wheel integration is a popular application for this kit.

Not sure what to do now.
    I also have a Parrot CK kit installed in my vehicle but I chucked the mic out the door when I first installed it. The mic they shipped out of the box was terrible and I had people telling me all the time how awful I sounded. I ended up replacing that mic with a MIC from another car kit I previously owned which had a slightly better microphone.

I will state that placing the microphone in the proper location does make a difference. I used to have it above my steering wheel and the sound quality was atrocious. It would pick up all sorts of sounds from the car, including vibrations from the road.

I ended up placing the mic on the top left (just left of my driver side visor) and that made a big difference. Many moons ago, I used to own a Nokia car kit for one of my Nokia phones (specially made for the phone). It had one of the best microphones on the market, but I've since lost it and cannot find one good enough to replace it. It was nice because they put sticky tape on the backside of it (shaped like an egg cut in half length-wise) and the mic on the front. You could put it on your vanity light in your car (right above your rear-view mirror) and it would offer the best voice quality in that location.

Don't know why no one has remade that design, I thought it was fantastic....
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    I will state that placing the microphone in the proper location does make a difference. I used to have it above my steering wheel and the sound quality was atrocious. It would pick up all sorts of sounds from the car, including vibrations from the road.
    Problem Solved!

I've made 2 changes:

1. Software update to 5.22c (my kit is a ck3000 evolution - apparently different to a CK 3000)
    2. Moved Mic to centre above rearview mirror.

Software seems to have made the difference when car is stationary, so we'll see if it works well while moving.

Also the profile appears in bluetooth preferences with an icon that looks like a car now - previously the icon was a headset.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I fixed this with my Palm Pre, but unfortunately it was unbearable with my new HTC Salsa since you can't adjust the mic gain through the handset.

I fitted an inline headphone volume control and all good since it seems to attenuate the mic a little even on full volume.

Stereo In-Line Volume Control - Jaycar Electronics

Parrot CK3000 now plays nicely with my HTC in a Golf Gti.