Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    did you see it? .......just luck right?
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    did you see it? ....?
    No. What did it say?
    i saw it. i thought it was untimely, considering the pre will be comparable soon (not now, though; i just checked).
    link?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    There is no such thing as a coincidenfe in this business. But from what I heard last (a while ago), AT&T won't allow iphone users to send video via mms. You have to send them off your computer.
    Actually, I thought it was just too subtle. Yes, the Pre will have video recording virtually any day now, but the points made in the add are still valid. Thought I can't remember the wording exactly, here's the basics (from what I saw):
    • I can share the video immediately with multiple people. What the narrator is talking about is the ability to send the video to multiple people all at once. The Pre may or may not be able to do that with 1.4. We know that video is coming with 1.4, but we don't know if multiple recipients for files will be one of the added features. I'm sort of suspecting not.
    • We can all talk at the same time. I'm a little less sure on this one, but I believe the Pre can only do three way conference calling, and I also think the iPhone can do more than three.
    • I can post it, and we can look at on the net talk about it at the same time Neither Sprint nor Verizon phones can browse the internet and do voice at the same time, unless you are using WiFi.

Here's the deal though. My wife saw the ad (she has a Pixi, and is not a "power user" by any means, just a normal every day user). She asked me "Won't the Pre be able to do all of that after the update you're talking about?"

The answer is no to most of it, probably to all of it. But the kicker is, she didn't catch the subtlety of the ad. She didn't understand the features and advantages they were trying to push.

I don't think most other viewers will either.

BTW, I definitely thought it was an "Anit-Pre/Pixi Sprint/Verizon" ad.
    Can anyone provide a link to the video?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    +1
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Can anyone provide a link to the video?
    saw it on tv
  10.    #10  
    I wasn't saying the iphone was comparing itself to pre in the ad....just thought the timing was relevant to the 1.4 update.....esp with the ad starting a day or two prior. If anything PALM should take it as a compliment. They did what Apple couldn't do for two years in less than one year. Good job!
    I think this is the one you are talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=dTiUld7InOY
    +1
    Aww man you beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

I was thinking an ad targeted at mothers (and Mother's day is coming). But a not in your face type ad that garnered all the "mom's phone" ridicule that Palm stumbled (again) into.

Just well done.
    Now their is a thread topic...Discuss why on and/or who approved all those horrible Palm ads... I would have bet the farm that Verizon would have put more muscle behind the Pre and Pixi, but sadly that is not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

Just well done.
    agreed, very nicely done

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Wow... that's pretty bad, I can only imagine ever using that subset of features together... maybe once... probably while drunk.

Conference calls are horrible, after using them in the business environment I told myself never again, although the Pre is surprisingly easier and clearer than the specially made conferencing tools, I can't imagine how ridiculous it'd be on the iPhone and AT&T.

Also I don't think I would call up people who I'm sure don't have an iPhone, let alone a cell phone, or know how to use one, to tell them I sent them a video and we all have to watch it at the same time cuz I know no one but myself has any life what-so-ever

I mean I probably have a natural bias away from Apple, but they sure like to paint a self-centered picture of those who use iPhones.
    This commercial shows the exact reason why the iPhone is so successful. In a 30 second commercial they show all the steps necessary to shoot video, send it to a family member, then call multiple family members to discuss it.

Can you imagine a comparable Blackberry or Android video detailing their same steps? Its not always about which device has the most features; its about how easy and practical it is to use those features.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    The ad does not show *ALL* the steps. Read the fine print at the end of the ad.....('Sequences shortened").
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I was thinking an ad targeted at mothers (and Mother's day is coming). But a not in your face type ad that garnered all the "mom's phone" ridicule that Palm stumbled (again) into.

Just well done.
    Maybe they'll run an ad for fathers day that will feature explosions, hot babes, and tools
    Quote Originally Posted by df2656 View Post
    The ad does not show *ALL* the steps. Read the fine print at the end of the ad.....('Sequences shortened").

I just watched the video again and followed along on my iPhone. The only real difference was when they clicked on the MMS button, the names of the senders were already filled in. Everything else is the same.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast