Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. pohbil#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ok, I can not take it any longer!!!!!!! Come on guys...please tell me that you guys on SPRINT have tried to use your Palm Pre on the internet while on a call at the same time. I saw the ad for the Iphone that boasts being able to do this the first time and I just had to see if it worked on Sprint...Guess what it does!!!!!! I went into my local SPRINT store and shared this info with them and they flat out argued with me that I was wrong until they tried it. The interesting thing about it was that the store owner manager was using a Blackberry to do the same exact thing my Palm Pre was able to do. He response was....."I'll be damned"....... Now all that being said...you think the people at SPRINT know this but are keeping it quiet? Why doesn't anyone know about this? Has anyone out there found out that this is capable on SPRINT????? My girlfriend is getting tired of me *****ing everytime the AT&T ads come on BOASTING that they are the ONLY one that has this capability and then to read a post on Precentral that the 4G phone that is supposedly coming out on SPRINT is going to have this capability because of the 4G network. HELP...if I am wrong.....PROVE it to me....if not...let's blow the doors off this subject and make AT&T and the Iphone idiots...eat their words.....Looking forward to your replies....
  2. #2  
    I Agree - I read this post and said what the hell so I made a call told the person to hang on and opened a browser! Typed in Precentral.net it said page could not load so I said crap!!! But! Wait! When I clicked ok it reloaded and worked like a charm... So I went back and said hello the person was still there! I'm going into an att store tomorrow to be a smart ***
  3. #3  
    it must have been on wifi to work but no cdma CANNOT use data and voice at the same time at least in its current revision
  4. #4  
    No offense, but unless you've been living under a rock (and your question has been asked and answered to death on this site too), it's common knowledge that Sprint phones (and Verizon, Alltel e.t.c) and CDMA in general (EVDO) cannot do EVDO (or even 1X) data and voice at the same time. Only exception is if you're on Wifi.
    In this particular regard, GSM (3G) has the advantage. AT&T is correct on that point.

    Also, there are no Sprint 4G (WiMax)phones yet, and details are still vague on the rumored upcoming WiMax handsets. So sit tight.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  5. #5  
    I guess it'll be you who is eating your words, or wall of text whichever it may be.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HighTekComputer View Post
    I Agree - I read this post and said what the hell so I made a call told the person to hang on and opened a browser! Typed in Precentral.net it said page could not load so I said crap!!! But! Wait! When I clicked ok it reloaded and worked like a charm... So I went back and said hello the person was still there! I'm going into an att store tomorrow to be a smart ***
    You can be a smart **** all you want but you're only proving your own point...about being a smart ***, because it's going to blow up in your face. Pre does not do EVDO data and voice at the same time, period. If you're on WiFi, then you can be on a call while browsing.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  7. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #7  
    OK, pohbil and HighTekComputer... I tried it.

    No, without WiFi it does NOT work.

    I called my landline phone. I then switched to the browser. My Pre then told me that I didn't have data (the little "Ev" icon had gone away) and asked I wanted to turn on WiFi. I declined. I typed "precentral.net" and was given the same message. I declined, and it did work.

    Either you're on WiFi or there's something very odd going on.

    Do it again and make sure you're not on WiFi.
  8. #8  
    Either you're on WiFi or you're hitting a cached website in the browser. CDMA (Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, etc.) as currently implemented in the United States does NOT support simultaneous voice and data (i.e. web, email, etc.). SMS (text messaging) can be done simultaneously, but no other data transmission unless you're connected via WiFi.

    For people claiming that they've done this, I'd like to see some video evidence.

    The only possible exception I could see would be if you had a phone that had both CDMA and GSM radios in it and an operating system that supported both radios simultaneously (CDMA radio on a call and the GSM radio doing data). Either way, I've never seen such a thing (even on a Blackberry world phone with both radios).

    So, if these claims have any validity, bring the proof. Show us the video (a clear quality video of sufficient length so that we can actually see what is going on and see the phone's indicators.) I call BS on this one.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  9. #9  
    It's great that we have a new thread like once a day with this sh!t posted.
  10. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    It's great that we have a new thread like once a day with this sh!t posted.
    Agreed, hard to believe people keep believing this garbage.
  11. #11  
    I just argued this with my friend who has a Pre two days ago. It prompted him to turn on wifi so he could browse the net for the record.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pohbil View Post
    Ok, I can not take it any longer!!!!!!! Come on guys...please tell me that you guys on SPRINT have tried to use your Palm Pre on the internet while on a call at the same time. I saw the ad for the Iphone that boasts being able to do this the first time and I just had to see if it worked on Sprint...Guess what it does!!!!!! I went into my local SPRINT store and shared this info with them and they flat out argued with me that I was wrong until they tried it. The interesting thing about it was that the store owner manager was using a Blackberry to do the same exact thing my Palm Pre was able to do. He response was....."I'll be damned"....... Now all that being said...you think the people at SPRINT know this but are keeping it quiet? Why doesn't anyone know about this? Has anyone out there found out that this is capable on SPRINT????? My girlfriend is getting tired of me *****ing everytime the AT&T ads come on BOASTING that they are the ONLY one that has this capability and then to read a post on Precentral that the 4G phone that is supposedly coming out on SPRINT is going to have this capability because of the 4G network. HELP...if I am wrong.....PROVE it to me....if not...let's blow the doors off this subject and make AT&T and the Iphone idiots...eat their words.....Looking forward to your replies....
    One is born every minute....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  13. #13  
    1) Clear your cache on your phone
    2) Make sure wifi is OFF
    3) Call your voicemail
    4) With voicemail connected, try a website in the browser you've never been to before

    Oh and make sure you videotape it.

    Then we will proclaim you the smartest person on earth.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pohbil View Post
    Ok, I can not take it any longer!!!!!!! Come on guys...please tell me that you guys on SPRINT have tried to use your Palm Pre on the internet while on a call at the same time. I saw the ad for the Iphone that boasts being able to do this the first time and I just had to see if it worked on Sprint...Guess what it does!!!!!! I went into my local SPRINT store and shared this info with them and they flat out argued with me that I was wrong until they tried it. The interesting thing about it was that the store owner manager was using a Blackberry to do the same exact thing my Palm Pre was able to do. He response was....."I'll be damned"....... Now all that being said...you think the people at SPRINT know this but are keeping it quiet? Why doesn't anyone know about this? Has anyone out there found out that this is capable on SPRINT????? My girlfriend is getting tired of me *****ing everytime the AT&T ads come on BOASTING that they are the ONLY one that has this capability and then to read a post on Precentral that the 4G phone that is supposedly coming out on SPRINT is going to have this capability because of the 4G network. HELP...if I am wrong.....PROVE it to me....if not...let's blow the doors off this subject and make AT&T and the Iphone idiots...eat their words.....Looking forward to your replies....
    what you smoking?
    you got the stuff that melts you on the sofa like in the commercials?
    remember sharing is caring!
  15. #15  
    I love all you old timers who forget that you once were a new pre user. If you don't like the post move on. I'm not sure why some of you are still reading the general pre forum. Stick to the developer or homebrew forums for seasoned posts by people who don't ask questions you've already answered. I'm speaking to a lot of you in this post, but I'll single out one individually. Warblad you did the exact same thing to me when I first joined. Cut thew newbies some slack. The OP has 6 posts. I could see jumping his crap if he had 600 posts, but its obvious he is new. I welcome new people as it means new ideas and more unit sales. Keep them coming.
  16. #16  
    Another one of these threads? Please do a search. EVDO limitation.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    I love all you old timers who forget that you once were a new pre user. If you don't like the post move on. I'm not sure why some of you are still reading the general pre forum. Stick to the developer or homebrew forums for seasoned posts by people who don't ask questions you've already answered. I'm speaking to a lot of you in this post, but I'll single out one individually. Warblad you did the exact same thing to me when I first joined. Cut thew newbies some slack. The OP has 6 posts. I could see jumping his crap if he had 600 posts, but its obvious he is new. I welcome new people as it means new ideas and more unit sales. Keep them coming.
    newbies get access to search as well. You don't like the answers you get? Use search cause its most likely been asked several times already.
    Don't wanna use search? That's fine, but be prepared to feel a bit dumb. Don't like it? Use search. See a trend here?

    I know, I get it, don't like the thread don't post in it. Well my friend precentral is more than a place to get 1 time answers to some, its a community. Ever drive slowly down a street in a small town and not have people notice your not from around there... They talk about the new guy, trust me.

    And it just so happens that warblade is on the pta and goes to every precentral high school football game. He is well known, and a welcome site to alot of members.

    all figuratively of course.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 02/24/2010 at 01:29 AM.
  18. #18  
    Yes but when I drive down that street in that small town they don't egg my car.
  19. eji930's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #19  
    NO DISRESPECT!!!- However threads like these are STUPID!! Omg does ANYONE out there have COMMON SENSE? PRIOR!!!! To posting WAISTING SPACE AND BANDWIDTH- PLEASE GET A CLUE!- tired of the pointless threads- "my phone froze up 1.4 is coming etc" like post like those make you not want to visit the site mods should BAN and DELETE some threads who don't follow the unwritten rule- "Does it make sense to post this?"- AGAIN!!! And AGAIN..and AGAIN!
  20. #20  
    i think the forums bandwith will be just fine....
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions