Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As i write this, i feel disheartened.

The news of Palm's impending firm saving device, the Pre, excited me. The more i read about it, the more i loved it. WebOS made sense. The Iphone had finally met its match, i thought. Being based in the UK i spent an agonising few months waiting for the local launch and got my Pre on day 1 at 830am. In fact, i was outside the store 30mins earlier, just in case...

I gave up my beloved BB bold and trustworthy Nokia N96 for what i had hoped to be the best phone on the market. I have used all sorts of phones in my life and never before had i been so genuinely excited about an OS+device release.

Initial excitement met with slight concerns that turned to desperate measures and now, to eventual resignation.

I love my Palm Pre for what it is. The beautiful fonts, its elegant and simple multi tasking capabilities, pebble like feel when sitting in your hands, the lovely display and all the little other things that help you make your life that much easier. Searching on wikipedia, google maps, google etc and the intuitive browser renders.

But i quickly realised it was a love hate relationship. My battery with 3 email accounts on 5min polls, 40 percent display and very moderate call use barely lasted a day. I had to consolidate emails and rin the display at 5percent to squeeze every bit of power out of it. And then, there are the problems...

The silent button on top is everything but. Ever tried launching youtube on silent mode? Tip: Never try it in a meeting. Ever seen the font on your reply mail after the 1.2 update? Do i really have to install patches to activate something so basic (and already pre built into the OS) as led notifications? Random crashes on reboot (i admit, rare but nonetheless existent), palm backup being a total mess, faulty touchstones, bad build quality (ever noticed the backlight leakage around the screen when operated in a dark environment?) and on top of all that the ridiclous pricing by carriers (O2).

As a UK customer, i am cut off from a large part of apps. I still cannot buy apps nor use many of the good ones. I am sure that when 1.4 does eventually find its way out my network will lag the US by a month. And yes i know that palm is not entirely to blame here but if Apple can... Then why can't Palm?

I have more to write but i guess the facts don't change.

Palm, i am disappointed. Had you atleast stood by me and treated me equally i would have continued to be loyal but now, competition has lept ahead. I can no longer wait for 'you get apps 6 months after your fellow americans' rules. Not when i have other options. Its been one month since i successfully replied to a mail from my exchange account through my pre. I have given up hope looking for a remedy as to why mails just stay in my exchange outbox while my other accounts are fine (Yes, I scanned for problems with attachments, purged mail, cleaned the inbox but to no avail).

And while the good folks at Web OS internals do everything they can to mitigate some my pain, bank analysts after analysts will continue to downgrade your stock till someone (aka Nokia?) will pick you on the cheap.

It is with much pain and perhaps renewed hope that i am placing my order for a Nexus One.

Goodbye Palm. I really did try. I wish things had worked out.

P
    Last edited by rmeister; 02/23/2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: typo

LOL, great first post.
    Boo hoo hoo, sounds like a someone close to you died, not a fricken cell phone.
    seems like this might do more here: Palm Support Community - Palm Support Community

You didnt try to order your nexus one here did you?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Yeah, u always have to be suspicious on "I hate life" first posts.

ET
    Not sure the Nexus One is going to solve your issues... I certainly wouldn't want a phone with a screen that is unreadable in the sunlight, 3G glitches and loses reception when you wave your hand over it...

Not to mention Android is a mess.
    dont let the door hit you on the way out
    Dear OP,

Please pull it together.
    webOS is still in its infancy, the PDK beta hasn't even been released yet, let alone the official PDK!

oh and btw, i gave you 1 star for the pathetic letter
    Last edited by badjokes; 02/23/2010 at 09:19 PM.
    It's a phone not a religion. if you don't like it switch phones. thanks for the post i just called the whaaaaaambulance maybe they can help.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeister View Post
    ...but if Apple can... Then why can't Palm?
    Because Apple has more money than God.

Also, it's been about 8 months since the Pre was released in the US. How many apps did Apple have for the iPhone at that point?

Not saying that Palm can't do better, but if you're going to say "Apple can," then at least be accurate.

As for the US vs. UK. Maybe fair. But every time I open an issue of T3 and see all the kit that's NOT available this side of the pond (the US, that is), I get a little jealous too.
    Dear OP,

I have sad news...

just kiddin, but this was a bit extreme for a letter, are you writing a complaint or writing a broken love letter?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Goodbye Palm. I really did try. I wish things had worked out.
    Let me get this straight. They have your money, which they aren't going to give back. And this is somehow supposed to hurt them?
    So, you are posting this here because? You think Palm is going to read this?

You sir, are a troll.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    have fun w/ your droid or black berry... NOT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    So, you are posting this here because? You think Palm is going to read this?

You sir, are a troll.
    +1

I wanted to say it, just didn't want that to be the first reply to the thread.

well looks like you guys are handling this one so time to wait for the next troll post
    As i write this, i feel disheartened.

The news of Palm's impending firm saving device, the Pre, excited me. The more i read about it, the more i loved it. WebOS made sense. The Iphone had finally met its match, i thought. Being based in the UK i spent an agonising P
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz
    darn heck! i missed out on another troll feast.
    Live free or DIE!
    ^^^ LOL

Didn't I see OP recite these lines on General Hospital... or was it Desperate Housewives.... well it was something soap-opera-y. Darn near brought a tear to my eye. Bravo! [[golf clap]] Bravo! Encore!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast