1.    #1  
    Well, it's another day when I open up preware to see if there are any updates for my phone. To my surprise I found that there were plenty of updates, mostly for my patches (4*4 grid, Monthly View etc. ) I was surprised to see many of them there so I thought maybe they were for the auto update thing so i went ahead and started updating them. I let the phone reset and from there on i noticed the now confusing "Phone Offline" Labe sitting in the top right of my phone. To my surprise, I couldnt make a call or sruf the web. The last thing i have done is run the Emergency Remove Patch and it says it removed all the patches. You know what happened? NOTHING. (My phone still had all the patches even though it said it removed them, then when i checked for patches it said it had non when it clearly didn't remove anything) The thing is I DONT want to restore pre cuz I have many contactas that are joines with different profiles. Has anyone had this problem...or does anyone know how I can restore my contacts, even with the LINKED profiles ? (Ex. John linked by facebook, exchange, home phone, cell phone, AIM etc)... please help...
    Last edited by hellbinder; 02/24/2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Lack of information.
    happened to me as well. I tried a few things. All patches left intact. I did remove the touch connect app. Then I went to my luna manager and did a java restart. Phone started working after that.
    Hey had the exact same thing happen to me. Tried partial reset of the device then it said error and had to take it to sprint. It said phone offline every time i removed a patch and even after resetting the device. They gave me a new pre and it saved all the contacts and all the apps you had and paid for.It does this over the air of coarse since palm has a wireless backup thing. It doesent save the pics or vids though. Its a pain but not the end of the road.
    Just ran the a preware 'package manager' update an am having the same issue...not cool..hope I can figure this out.
    Jesus the uncreated creator - All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. (John 1:3 NWT)

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > PPC6800 > Touch Diamond > Palm Pre > HTC EVO
    sorry first please delete preware and package manager and then do this lol.

go into webos blue arrow and into the webos internals feed either the all or pre feed and manualy reload preware package manager service and gnu and diffstat and another I think its lisdiff you'll know which one it is when you see it . I'm on my phone so I can't look . But do this and make sure you don't load iphone spoof until its fixed . This fixed my phone. Also as soon as your done update your preware apps first thing. Hope this helps!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    sorry first please delete preware and package manager and then do this lol.

go into webos blue arrow and into the webos internals feed either the all or pre feed and manualy reload preware package manager service and gnu and diffstat and another I think its lisdiff you'll know which one it is when you see it . I'm on my phone so I can't look . But do this and make sure you don't load iphone spoof until its fixed . This fixed my phone. Also as soon as your done update your preware apps first thing. Hope this helps!
    I was able to restore this by uninstalling preware & the packag manager service. And then using WebOS quick Install to re-install only the ipkg manager service. Then restart the phone. it found the network again. Now I will re-install preware and hope that goes smoothly. whew..thanks!
    Jesus the uncreated creator - All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. (John 1:3 NWT)

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > PPC6800 > Touch Diamond > Palm Pre > HTC EVO
    your welcome hope everything goes well from now on!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->