1.    #1  
    My pre has several defects, loose slider, oreo, and just today the power button stopped responding for no reason. Can I take my phone to a Sprint Store and explain to them what happened even though I actually got my phone from Ebay? Will they replace it?
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Maybe.... Ive done it on verizon before. It all depends on the location and the rep
    if you have insurance then yes
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    if you have insurance then yes
    Through sprint? What kind?
    the insurance through sprint costs 7.00 a month and you have to put it on your service within 30 days of activating a phone, so if you dont see a 7.00 charge on your previous bills, your probably screwed
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richardschris View Post
    the insurance through sprint costs 7.00 a month and you have to put it on your service within 30 days of activating a phone, so if you dont see a 7.00 charge on your previous bills, your probably screwed
    doesnt Palm have a year warranty on the phone? if you go thru them, you should be able to get somewhere.
    but if you go through palm you will have to either mail them your pre and wait a week for the refurb to be shipped or put a 300 dollar credit on hold for an early ship out refurb and then get it back when they get your pre
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    no no no I know three people now personally that has not had insurrance on there pre through sprint, and got it replaced at a CORPORATE STORE due to, Yes the 1 year warrenty through Palm. You dont have to go through Palm itself, they are contracted through sprint with there build defect issues, and will replace your pre free of charge. Just make sure you go to a corporate store, then get the 7 dollars a month insurrance just in case after a year you have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash4o View Post
    doesnt Palm have a year warranty on the phone? if you go thru them, you should be able to get somewhere.
    Palm does have a one year warranty however once the phone is sold to a "second hand" user warranty stops. Palm warrants the product for one year to the original purchaser. Since ebay is not an authorized reseller (although many companies that sell through ebay can be) we do not warrant products purchased that way all exchanges would have to be done through the point of purchase.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGustafson View Post
    My pre has several defects, loose slider, oreo, and just today the power button stopped responding for no reason. Can I take my phone to a Sprint Store and explain to them what happened even though I actually got my phone from Ebay? Will they replace it?
    Palm has a one year warranty on the Pre. I doubt the "oreo" is covered under warranty, but the power button is unless you have damaged your Pre. You didn't mention if you bought the phone new or used on ebay. Obviously, it's less than a year old, but the warranty may only apply to the original owner so you may be out of luck if you bought it used. If you bought it new you should be covered, but you will probably need your receipt.

It can't hurt to take it to Sprint and see if they will exchange it, all they can do is tell you no. I think some people that bought theirs at Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc have been able to exchange them at Sprint. If Sprint won't do it, then call Palm. They will probably have you send it in to their repair center.
    Try at least a few different Sprint stores first. If that fails, contact Palm and see what they can do. If Palm won't do it, contact the seller you bought from on ebay.
    this is my expierence with sprint. if you go to a corporate store they will most likely give you a replacement right on the spot if they have them in stock (refurb of course). if not they will tell you to come back when they get them in. but if you go to a regular sprint store then they will most likely send you to palm
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    For those 3 issues it is very possible that they might not replace it. The lose slider/oreo is considered normal wear and tear and the power button is 9 times out of 10 repairable.
    Sprint will help you, it doesn't matter where you bought your phone they will still warranty your phone.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Palm Support : Palm Pixi for Sprint - In-warranty repair services (US & Canada)

This is for the Pixi but I assume the warranty is the same for the Pre.

To get your in-warranty Palm device repaired, contact the repair service for your location:

* United States
    o Phones: For carrier-branded phones, contact your mobile service provider. For unlocked phones, contact Palm at (877) 426-3777
    I bought my phone on ebay, dropped my phone a few times, power button stopped working...took it to sprint at about the 5 month point. No questions asked, they replaced the phone. I do not have insurance. I think the only times sprint won't help you a) you activated the phone less than 30 days ago, they will tell you to go to the original seller. b) phone is out of warranty (> 1 year) ...they will still help you for this, but they'll charge you a fee.