Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Maybe somebody can help me out. I've got Google voice setup for my phone and it works fine. The problem I'm having is retrieving voice mails. I'm only able listen to new voicemails once. I can't figure out how to go back and listen to *any* old voicemails.
    What "Google voice setup" are you using? An app or through the internet?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm using the website, www.google.com/voice/m
    Have you tried any of the apps? I use gDial, but it might not be available to download anymore. There is another one called Visual Voicemail, I have it as well but personally prefer gDial because it integrated a lot of Google Voice features. But the Visual Voicemail app is great too and does exactly what it needs to.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I used to use gDial but removed it.

I did find the old Google site (https://www.google.com/voice/m/i) will let me stream the message. However, it plays only through the phone speaker, so not the best option in many cases.

It may be a limitation of Google's site but....the current site (www.google.com/voice/m) allows me to call Google to listen to my voicemail but only once. There is no menu option to listen to old messages. At least not that I can find.
    I'd look into that Visual Voicemail app because I'm pretty sure it can still be downloaded. I think it will even pull up some old messages for you after you install it and sign in. I don't go to the website much unless I'm actually on my PC, I just don't need to. Way easier for me.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I was hoping I was just missing a function somewhere. I'm not so interested in buying app for this. But thanks for your help.
    It's free lol
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I did a search and the only app I found was YouView Visual Voicemail for $3.99. What one are you referring to?
    Do you have Preware or WebOS QI?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Both, actually.
    Gdial and Visual Voicemail have both been pulled from the app catalog (by the developer of course).
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    There is still P2 Google Voice in Preware, never used it. The .ipk's for the 2 apps I mentioned are online and just download and install with WebOS QI.

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Gdial and Visual Voicemail have both been pulled from the app catalog (by the developer of course).
    Are you referring to the Official Palm App Catalog?
    Last edited by mjkjr; 02/23/2010 at 09:27 PM.
    Although GDial no longer supports many functions you can use it to play your voicemails... Yet, they play through the speaker so that doesn't help you much. The only way I've found to listen GoogleTalk voicemails w/o it being played through the speaker is by calling your GoogleTalk phone number (just as you would listen to your regular voicemails).

-- If my memory serves me correctly the functionality on Palm's end isn't around to play the voicemail's via the ear piece.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I've been able to do it on the website in a roundabout way...if you have more than one voicemail in your box, mark the one you want to listen to as unread. Then select one of your older messages and click the voicemail button. It should dial in and play the message you marked as unread as if it's a new message. I purposely left myself a bogus message so I could leave it in my inbox to use this work around.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Are you referring to the Official Palm App Catalog?
    Yes
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    YouView can be setup to listen to Google Voice's voicemail. We are testing it now so if you would like to help just PM me.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    YouView can be setup to listen to Google Voice's voicemail. We are testing it now so if you would like to help just PM me.
    Sent