Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    So I try to bring up Pandora today. The other cards I have open at the time shrink but my Pre just hangs on a screen with nothing happening. I push the button on the front of the Pre and a white card comes up from the bottom of the screen but nothing happens. I haven't seen this "hanging, push the button and white card appears" bug before so it seems odd to me. I try to bring up Pandora a couple times with the same results. Hmmmmm, so I delete Pandora and reinstall it. Boom...Pandora works like a charm.

An hour later I go to use the Flashlight app and it, along with the Bubble Level, AccuWeather and Radio, The Weather Channel, Translator, Friendsbook, Engadget, and WikiHow apps (to name a few), are gone. Pandora *IS* there along with another app (DOF calculator) that I actually bought! I've done the "press the Power button down and move the slider 3 times" trick but to no avail, the apps still aren't there!

The missing apps are free at the apps store so I imagine I can just download them again but I was wondering if anyone else ran into this today. Just kinda bizarre, especially with the "hanging, push the button and white card appears" bug. Any and all help is appreciated!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Reboot your phone? Or use the Luna Manager app from Preware to restart Luna. My Pre has done that a couple of times. Just restart Luna (or the entire phone) and it should be ok.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    The apps are still there, btw. In fact, if you start typing the name of one of them, it'll show up in universal search and you can run it.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Just tried typing "fl" for the Flashlight app and nothing comes up in the universal search....
    Tried typing "accu" for the Accu apps (Weather and Radio) and the same thing, nothing!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Do you have any patches installed, like from Preware?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Nope...I haven't touched anything on my phone i.e. no patches, no Web Doctor'ing or anything like that. Would LOVE to get to that level, just don't want to start playing with it and end up bricking it!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Have you had to pull the battery w/o shutting down the phone properly?

What I'm thinking is that one or more of the filesystems on your Pre may be corrupted and would cause strange things like this to happen. Might wanna consider Doctor'ing your phone and get it back to a stable, fresh, clean state all around.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Have you had to pull the battery w/o shutting down the phone properly?
    Nope...not that I recall!

RE: Doctoring....(getting the shakes! LOL)...do you know of a thread for us non-techies where I could read it, understand it and execute whatever it is they describe? Mind you...I'm not totally an ***** but when I first read about Preware, Doctoring, etc I was like "I don't know if I should be doing that"!

Thanks for your help on this!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    It's not hard, but if you're that uncomfortable with it, stop by your local carrier's store and their tech should be able to do it for you.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    When I hit a Sprint store, I imagine that I don't ask them "can you doctor my filesystems"? What is the "in-store jargon" that I should use? Thanks for your help on this, it's greatly appreciated!
    They are entombed in a brick cavity of a dungeon of Amatolato.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne