1.    #1  
    I used to go to these boards on a daily basis, but with a less than a desirable hardware design (keyboard mainly) and lack of programson the Pre and Pixi; I have left Palm for the Android platform. I was a "Treo and Palm Lover". The company did not meet my needs; just wondering what the actual stats are. Has Palm manage to stay afloat for the users like Perry and others. I know that Perry went with an Iphone. I loved coming to this forum. Alsas. The keyboard seemed more friendly on the Pixi.
    The new Palm devices offer a drastically different experience - as you've already described. I always used to stereotype old style Palm users with BlackBerry users (I had a BB) because their form factors and 'get stuff done' approach to life were so similar.

I'm just a bit surprised that (in the two examples you gave) one of you went to Android and the other to iPhone. Moving to BlackBerry I could understand because you'd have a device and experience similar to the one you came from. It goes without saying that I think WebOS is better than iPhone/Android and surely any physical keyboard is better than an on-screen keyboard for a Treo user.

No hard feelings, just trying to figure out how you think
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I used to go to these boards on a daily basis, but with a less than a desirable hardware design (keyboard mainly) and lack of programson the Pre and Pixi; I have left Palm for the Android platform. I was a "Treo and Palm Lover". The company did not meet my needs; just wondering what the actual stats are. Has Palm manage to stay afloat for the users like Perry and others. I know that Perry went with an Iphone. I loved coming to this forum. Alsas. The keyboard seemed more friendly on the Pixi.
    Not sure what your asking. You've obviously answered your own question about Perry (whoever he is). As to the rest, it's currently estimated that about 1/3rd of the current Palm Pre/Pixi users are former Palm device users. That probably includes all of older Palm devices, including those users who skipped the whole Treo experience.

There are currently over 1500 apps available for WebOS from the apps catalog, with hundreds more available via HomeBrew.

Palm has definitely managed to stay aflot in general.
    hes not looking for the same experience, he's looking for better, thats why no bb