1.    #1  
    I had a very long text thread that went back to October of last year and now everything pre-January is gone? ***!
    i guess palm wants to tell you that sometimes it's time to let go

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I assume there is a limit, and once that limit is reached, it will begin recycling storage. Did you think they would be stored forever?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I assume there is a limit, and once that limit is reached, it will begin recycling storage. Did you think they would be stored forever?
    Why not? I didnt erase them. The thread had alot of pics and links to websites that I would sometimes refer to. They could of AT LEAST gave me some type of warning.
  5.    #5  
    Anyone????

FAIL PALM
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Why not? I didnt erase them. The thread had alot of pics and links to websites that I would sometimes refer to. They could of AT LEAST gave me some type of warning.
    I don't mean to be argumentative, and obviously hindsight is 20/20, but pics can be saved to the photo roll and links can be saved to bookmarks, I would say that the messaging app is not a place to be storing these.

Honestly, I would like to know the answer to the question that is implied within your question: "What is the limit to the number of text messages kept in history on the Pre?".

Every phone I have ever owned has had a limit and when that limit is reached it deletes the oldest and replaces it with the newest. Just to back your point up, my daughter's LG Lotus does the same thing (deleting old msgs), but she always complains because she want's to know how many it keeps (the Lotus does threading too, so it is not easy to see a count anywhere).
    this is what happened to me when mine filled up...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-messages.html