Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Just found out that trapcall now supports sprint. Should work with my sprint pre. www.trapcall.com
    Quote Originally Posted by akijione View Post
    Just found out that trapcall now supports sprint. Should work with my sprint pre. TrapCall - Unmask Blocked Calls
    Nice to know... but seems pricey: https://www.trapcall.com/signup

Google Talk / YouMail seem like better choices.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    whoa they have changed the prices... used to be half of what those prices are today...
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    # Caller ID Unmasking
    # Blacklist Unwanted Callers
    # 10 Voicemail Transcriptions
    # Name & Address Caller ID
    # Missed Call Alerts
    This is a little expensive. This package alone is $10/month. If it works well, it sounds like a great service but would be very pricey, having to purchase it for multiple lines. I don't know why carriers don't already offer these features.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    This is a little expensive. This package alone is $10/month. If it works well, it sounds like a great service but would be very pricey, having to purchase it for multiple lines. I don't know why carriers don't already offer these features.

Although GoogleTalk does not offer all the features you highlighted... wit it you are able to "screen" all callers or selected callers or all unknown callers (the latter I prefer). This asks them for their name which you can hear before accepting the call or sending it to voicemail.

Best of all its free
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    TrapCall is the only service that will unmask blocked calls though. The Bug Trap plan is well worth the $4.95! The blacklist feature is really cool too, where it plays a number disconnected recording, which Google Voice and others don't have either.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natas802 View Post
    The blacklist feature is really cool too, where it plays a number disconnected recording, which Google Voice and others don't have either.
    Or you could just pay your bills.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    TrapCall is the only service that will unmask blocked calls though. The Bug Trap plan is well worth the $4.95! The blacklist feature is really cool too, where it plays a number disconnected recording, which Google Voice and others don't have either.
    that disconnected recording sounds sweet!!!
    This sound sweet my ex girlfriend changed her number on me and sometimes be calling me private because she don't want me to have her new number and it would be good to actually know what it is.
    --Marvin

Google Voice will not unmask blocked calls... however if you really wanted to setup a recording playing a "number is disconnected" message you could do so very easily. And you could set the preferences for it only to play for blocked numbers after you've screened them to decide if you want to send to voice mail or not.

I personally don't receive near enough unwarranted calls to justify the $60 a year.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    YouMail for free will block callers from leaving voicemails and will play specialized greetings (like your number has been disconnected) for callers who's id is blocked or unknown.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    YouMail for free will block callers from leaving voicemails and will play specialized greetings (like your number has been disconnected) for callers who's id is blocked or unknown.
    Interesting...

How does this differ from the call block/reject patch from Elryon in Preware?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post2555493

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ck-ignore.html

For those who have a Pixi and don't have Preware installed, would you surmise this is the best solution?