1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I'm not sure if I'm dense or not, but couldn't find anything already posted in the forums on this topic. I have a lot of conference calls I take from the phone and would love to be able to setup the meetings so there is a phone link for the number and conference pin together.

I have contact created to make it easy for my own and several others I join frequently, but can't figure out how to get a combined link to work in the meeting.

For example...if I want to call 800-999-9999 and a conference code of 1234, I would create a contact entry for 8009999999tt1234. that works great from contacts. However, if I enter the same text in the body of the meeting, it creates 2 links so I can't do this with one step.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by nh5622 View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm not sure if I'm dense or not, but couldn't find anything already posted in the forums on this topic. I have a lot of conference calls I take from the phone and would love to be able to setup the meetings so there is a phone link for the number and conference pin together.

I have contact created to make it easy for my own and several others I join frequently, but can't figure out how to get a combined link to work in the meeting.

For example...if I want to call 800-999-9999 and a conference code of 1234, I would create a contact entry for 8009999999tt1234. that works great from contacts. However, if I enter the same text in the body of the meeting, it creates 2 links so I can't do this with one step.

Anyone have any ideas?
    This question has been posed quite a few times and the answer is that there is no way to do it without someone creating a patch.
    You didn't say what type of event it was - Palm Profile, Google, Exchange, or something else.

If it's a Google event, or an Exchange event, you can add the contact you created for that number as a guest to the event. Then, you can click the event, and it will show the participants. The "contact" that is your conference phone number will be a participatn, and you click on their link, and you have the number.

It sounds a lot more complex than it really is. I just tried this from a Google Event, and it worked. From the instructions, it appears it will work with an Exchange event as well.

Please note - You cannot invite the conference number "guest" from the Pre though, you will have to do it from a browser (for Google events) or from Outlook or browser (for Exchange). Hopefully, the lack of ability to invite guests from the Pre is one of the things that will change in 1.4.