Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to start a thread for people that have a Palm Pre, but aren't using the Sprint network. I am one of those people and love my phone, but can't access the "app store". I can however use homebrew apps and side load them onto my phone, but "Preware" does not work on my phone because I can't access the "app store". So, I need to get around using Preware. So I'm starting this post for anyone else with this problem. Anyone else that has questions about flashed Palm Pre's please feel free to post here!
  2.    #2  
    OK so does anyone know how to add a virtual keyboard without using "Preware"???
    um, why cant you use preware without app store access? Just turn the feed off in manage feeds! Ive seen a Pre flashed to cricket with preware up and running.......
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 02/23/2010 at 12:41 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    you can install using quick install. i think you need to find the ipkg though. idk where to get that cause i just use preware for everything.
    i would think you should be able to use preware too though. when you try load up preware go to mange feeds and turn off the one the palm app store feed.
  5.    #5  
    i am using cricket, but was told to use the feed button to get the patch....when i do it tries to access the store...either way i'll try it without the feed on...thanks
    My friend was stuck on 1.3.1 though so that sucks.... if he updated it broke the flash!

7.    #7  
    i don't see an option for app store under feeds....
    its called palm-catalog and palm-catalog-updates. Wait a sec here, what webos are you running? and what preware?

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    its called palm-catalog and palm-catalog-updates. Wait a sec here, what webos are you running? and what preware?
    +1
    Check to see that you have the most up to date Preware. v0.9.26 or v 0.9.27. It can be found under help in drop down menu.
    what error are you getting or what is happening in preware?

heres some ipk access.

Ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all/

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.3.1/
    Last edited by sevenlkl@yahoo.com; 02/23/2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    +1
    Check to see that you have the most up to date Preware. v0.9.26
    hehehe you mean 0.9.27..... you need to update Preware App, Finally Pre.

New Package Manager Service too!

14.    #14  
    it just tries to take me to app store...now i have turned of feeds and it only finds the hebrew keyboard.....i have the newest version of preware...i just downloaded it yesterday
    when you try to download it? Make sure the app you are trying to get is not in the app catalog. U wont be able to get them from Preware. It redirects you to download it from the catalog. Turn off the Palm Beta and palm beta updater as well. The point here, is that being stuck on 1.3.1 really limits your options. No 3D games. You are stuck with Homebrewed stuff, anything found outside of webos internals and precentrals feeds are off limits. At least thats how I am seeing it...

16.    #16  
    @seven how do i use the ipkg....i found the keyboard but how do i load it
    Download it and then use webos quick install. Click the green + sign and it should bring up and folder browser, find the location and click ok. Then click the install button.

webosqi, filecoaster (only for apps), preware. Copy and paste. Not sure if you can do this with terminal though.
    You can always use Meta Doctor to update to a newer WebOS version and enable wifi during the First Use app to sign into a profile. I've been using my Pre off contract since November and still have access to the App Catelog and the Update app. I'm still logged in to my Profile from when I had Sprint though.
    Here's more stuff that I've found, if you haven't already. This one has pretty much everything you can possibly get your hands on that is consider Test Enviroment. Things from precentral, palm catalog, optware, webos internals, patches and so on. Nothing here is unsupported by the developers, so your good to go with downloading. You'd find all this in Preware or Webosqi.

http://ipkg.preware.org/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast